Home Work & Volunteering

Police Force

124»

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    .
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well said Sophia. :thumb:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    "Jerry! Jerry!"

    Incidentally, I happen to agree that debt collectors and police officers are a necessary evil in today's society, which doesn't necessarily make them all evil....as they say, don't hate the players, hate the game.

    equally i'm sure all politicans aren't wankers either, just 99.99% of them.
  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,269 Skive's The Limit
    PussyKatty wrote: »
    I've come across a lot of police, some nice, some not so nice, the same as every other walk of life.

    But with the job carrying the responsibility it does, it shouldn't be the same as 'every other walk of life'.

    I have been mistreated by the police on a number of occasions, and have often found them to be very rude - even when I've done nothing to incriminating.
    Even on the occasion I have misbehaved, it's not an excuse for them to treat me badly.

    When your getting pulled over 3 times week in you car for little chats, when you've been verabally abused by a gaver knowing full well you can't retaliate, when you've experienced the fuckers lying to cover their mates backs, then you'll understand that as an institution they're cunts.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Territt wrote: »
    So Blagsta, what do you think they should do when people owe them money? just let them keep it?

    Depends on who they owe money to and what for. If its people struggling to pay bills and rent (things which are fairly vital to survival), then yeah. Why not? Why should these things line someone else's pocket?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    sophia wrote: »
    Babyshambler doesn't make people homeless. People borrowing money they can't afford to repay makes people homeless.

    You've got a lot to learn.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    sophia wrote: »
    Babyshambler doesn't make people homeless. People borrowing money they can't afford to repay makes people homeless.

    Incidentally, I find people who can't wait to make moral judgments about others without knowing anything about them, and who rush to offer their highly principled and virtuous opinions and condemnation when it was neither requested or necessary, far more objectionable and obnoxious than police officers or debt collectors.

    Couldn't have said it better myself.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The only coppers i've had dealings with have been patronising idiots. I witnessed something nasty and i tried to tell one of them what i saw and he just took the piss out of how i talk and said i was chavvy. Next time i'll just fuck off and let someone get their head caved in.

    But then i don't know every police officer so i can't label them all as idiots really. If someone wants to join, then good for them.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    To be frank, this is a thread about police, not debt collectors, so I think I'll be keeping it to that from now on - both sides of the arguement seem to of had their say, at least in this thread.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The medical is quite strict. My brother wanted to join but because his knees have a tendancy to dislocated he didnt think he'd be able to.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I tried to join 4 years ago when i was 19. It wasnt a pleasant experience.
    It took 6months from sending my application before i heard anything. Think i had to send an eye test report with the medical questionnaire. I used to wear glasses as a kid and even had an operation to straighten one eye, and my test was fine.

    First up were 2 exams-grammar/language and numeracy/arithmetic stuff and on thw 2nd half of that day was the fitness test. I used to go to the gym twice weekly and found it fairly easy, except the bleep test was hard going against men!!Passed that.

    Then i had to go to a half day assessment where we had to do interviews, role-plays and group tasks. Passed that.

    THEN we had to do the 2 day assessment.OMG!! Apparently Cheshire and the Isle-of-white(i think) were the only 2 forces to do this, Cheshire scrapped it not long after i did it and is also one of the hardest forces to get into.
    They took us to mid-wales, right at the end of November. They dropped us off in the middle of nowhere and we had to do a river crossing excersise. Because we all failed it they made us get into swimming costumes and sit in the river. Then get out, pick our bags up and jog uphill to the minibus, get changed in 5mins into walking gear and hike for fucking miles to the hut thing we were staying in. While we were walking/jogging it was strictly single file and no speaking. We had tasks to do till about midnight in the rain, then it was literally-go to bed now-lights going off in 5 mins. Up at 5 next day and straight outside to do aerobics and then the rest of the day was spent walking/jogging AND getting interviewed at the same time.

    After that experience-I never reapplied, and if i did id go to North Wales or Merseyside!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sikorah wrote: »
    THEN we had to do the 2 day assessment.OMG!! Apparently Cheshire and the Isle-of-white(i think) were the only 2 forces to do this, Cheshire scrapped it not long after i did it and is also one of the hardest forces to get into.
    They took us to mid-wales, right at the end of November. They dropped us off in the middle of nowhere and we had to do a river crossing excersise. Because we all failed it they made us get into swimming costumes and sit in the river. Then get out, pick our bags up and jog uphill to the minibus, get changed in 5mins into walking gear and hike for fucking miles to the hut thing we were staying in. While we were walking/jogging it was strictly single file and no speaking. We had tasks to do till about midnight in the rain, then it was literally-go to bed now-lights going off in 5 mins. Up at 5 next day and straight outside to do aerobics and then the rest of the day was spent walking/jogging AND getting interviewed at the same time.

    After that experience-I never reapplied, and if i did id go to North Wales or Merseyside!

    That sounds more like boody army training then police training .. but meh what do i know about it. Sounds tough anyway but who says a challange is bad.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Good luck with your application. Unfortunately it is one of those career paths where you're gonna take a lot of stick from others. I'm sure there are wanker coppers but I'm also pretty certain that the good ones outnumber them. My dealings with the police have always been pretty positive experiences, regardless of circumstances.

    I really hope that you don't have to go through such an arduous selection process as Sikorah - I can safely say that is much harder than getting in as an army officer.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    GoodFella wrote: »
    That sounds more like boody army training then police training .. but meh what do i know about it. Sounds tough anyway but who says a challange is bad.

    Must admit one of the strongest things when I was applying for an information officer job at the police (didn't get it after the second interview) was the army feel of Hendon.

    The place really, really, felt like a barracks - even complete with people marching and jogging past with drill instructors. Let alone the number of wierd books on the Germans in the second world war in the shop.
Sign In or Register to comment.