Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What's your home town famous for?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ever see the movie Animal House? Most of that was filmed in my home town. The feild where the student para-military squad is training, where the commander gets hit in the head with a golf ball (pure comedy gold!) is right next to my house, we play frisbee and soccer there during the summer. That and we supplied most of the Anarchists that trashed Seattle during the WTO riots a few years back.

go Eugene
    pah1986 wrote: »
    You've got Brum in your profile, but isn't that Wolverhampton? Banks's Brewery and the legendary ring road tramp who sweeps the leaves outside his tent. Driven past him many a time.

yeah, Wolves. I sort of live in two places but don't want to admit to having a flat in Wolverhampton.

Josef the homeless Polish guy, he's a true legend.
    The place I'm from originally is famous for it's cathedral.

Whwere I live now is famous for...er... Lady Godiva. And cars... although they don't make any here now, as of last month.
    PussyKatty wrote: »
    I sort of live in two places but don't want to admit to having a flat in Wolverhampton.

:eek: What's wrong with Wolverhampton? It's the up and coming place you know! Property experts are flooding to invest there, and they're making that big shopping centre and, well, I suppose it says something about Wolverhampton that we can name which famous tramps live there as opposed to famous people... :blush:
    :eek: What's wrong with Wolverhampton?
    What's RIGHT with Wolverhampton :p?

Kidding, it's not that bad. And I got my funky multicoloured neon laces from there :heart:.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Franki wrote: »
    What's RIGHT with Wolverhampton :p?

Kidding, it's not that bad. And I got my funky multicoloured neon laces from there :heart:.
    Its not Braintree - without a shadow of a doubt the most inbred shithole in the modern world.
    Rabbie Burns!
    (Hope everyone has a good Burns' night tonight. Haggis all round!):birthday:
    JsT wrote: »
    Its not Braintree - without a shadow of a doubt the most inbred shithole in the modern world.
    I agree :p.
    And I got my funky multicoloured neon laces from there .

:eek2:
    Never mind the tramp...you are forgetting Wolves most erm, famous person...The Cowboy!!! (who happens not to be a cowboy anymore :no:)
    :eek2:
    What?

I did...
    1andonly wrote: »
    Never mind the tramp...you are forgetting Wolves most erm, famous person...The Cowboy!!! (who happens not to be a cowboy anymore :no:)

You mean that absolute legend who walked about the town centre and tried to stop you to talk about Bush and Blair and how it was wrong to go to war, despite the fact he looked like he was an absolute retard?

There was also a guy who walked around with a massive stereo on his shoulder blasting out Beacon FM or some jammin' tunes...
    What?

I did...

From Rowfer's by any chance? I couldn't decide whether I really liked that shop or I really hated it 'cos it was for all those little emo kids...
    Haha!!

I've thought of another famous Huddersfield person - the singing Big Issue seller.
    From Rowfer's by any chance? I couldn't decide whether I really liked that shop or I really hated it 'cos it was for all those little emo kids...
    I can't remember. It was nearly 2 years ago :p.

But I bought a Death Kitty tie from there too.

It was a very very small shop, if that helps...
    Parkinson
    Ian MacMillan
    Kes
    Brassed Off
    Kate Rusby
    Darren Gough
    Coal
    Parkinson
    Ian MacMillan
    Kes
    Brassed Off
    Kate Rusby
    Darren Gough
    Coal
    Barnsley!

Poor you. Its an inbred shit hole :p
    You mean that absolute legend who walked about the town centre and tried to stop you to talk about Bush and Blair and how it was wrong to go to war, despite the fact he looked like he was an absolute retard?

LOL, yeah!! Although, whenever he tried to speak to me, the topic of conversation was tennis and how women should all wear tennis skirts! He's a born again Christian now and hands leaflets out. He even has his own myspace.
    JsT wrote: »
    Barnsley!

Poor you. Its an inbred shit hole :p

Is every town outside of Leeds an inbred shit hole? Maybe you're like one of those guys who's in the closet and calls everyone else gay. You call every town an inbred shit hole but maybe, just maybe, it's Leeds that's the inbred shit hole. Ha! Ha! Gotcha! :lol:
    LOL, yeah!! Although, whenever he tried to speak to me, the topic of conversation was tennis and how women should all wear tennis skirts! He's a born again Christian now and hands leaflets out. He even has his own myspace.

No way! He has access to a computer, or is it a fanspace? Linky!!!
    Is every town outside of Leeds an inbred shit hole? Maybe you're like one of those guys who's in the closet and calls everyone else gay. You call every town an inbred shit hole but maybe, just maybe, it's Leeds that's the inbred shit hole. Ha! Ha! Gotcha! :lol:
    Well it clealy isn't the case, not everywhere is an inbred shit all. Even some parts of Leeds are.

But Barnsley seriously is an inbred shit hole.
    No way! He has access to a computer, or is it a fanspace? Linky!!!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=71636626 :thumb: People have far too much time on their hands.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: That's him! Unbelievable! And absolutely hilarious! Thanks for that! :)

*Too many exclamation marks, I know...but it's hilarious....*
    :lol::lol::lol::lol: That's him! Unbelievable! And absolutely hilarious! Thanks for that! :)

*Too many exclamation marks, I know...but it's hilarious....*

Hehe, no probs!! I miss his cowboy hat.
    The London flat filmed in Trainspotting was filmed in a flat on the road where I live.
    Parkinson
    Ian MacMillan
    Kes
    Brassed Off
    Kate Rusby
    Darren Gough
    Coal

I love Barnsley. My Uncle was meant to be one of the schoolkids in the Kes video but he was off school sick when they filmed it. Fact.

And Parkinson used to live around the corner from where my Dad lived. :thumb:
    St. Patrick!

He was supposed to have been buried here or something.

Alsooo the band Ash

Alsooo the band Ash

:love:
    I'm not really that into them. They all went to my sisters school too.
    Coal...