Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Is the Tide turning???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
the senate foriegn relations committee have rejected Bush's plan to increase troops in Iraq by 22,000 although this isnt binding,

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070124/ap_on_go_co/us_iraq

the result was 12 votes to 9 and including one republican rebel,and the senate vote is in the next week (i think), if the plan was rejected could this leave soldiers in danger or the start of a planned withdrawal?
Is this the beginning of the end???

Comments

• Options
    We can only hope.

The chimp can still use his right of veto, but this is encouraging and hopefuly a sign of things to come in the US.
  • Options
    Dunno about turning tides but it shows me that the US has learned nothing from Vietnam. Give the military the right objective and the tools and they will do the job, try to manage it politically and they won't and all you'll leave is a god awful mess.

Seems to me that decision are being made according to the next headline and not the job in hand.
  • Options
    Iraq-bloody nose, loss of face and civilian carnage- the usual outcome of yankee misadventures in places where they should keep their militaristic snouts out! But 'the new Rome' just can't resist.....but it appears the radical/nationalist arabs can!!