Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

hair pulling......comical but is it still self harm?

A while back a mate of mine had a great temper tantrum and pulled some of his hair out. Screaming and all.

to be honest I've felt like doing it myself on a few occasions when frustrated but I doubt id ever do it cos it hurts too much.

cause for concern???
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    God knows, women pluck their hair, why can't men do it? Albeit in a much more fanatical way.
    Seriously though I think doing that may damage the roots and all the little bits that grow under the skin.
    Plus it DAMN hurts, its bad enuf if u pull out one hair, let alone loads of the bastards.

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sometimes Id say it was a cause for concern. When I have been at my worst and suffereing from anxiety I used to pull my hair out, I didnt realise I was doing it though! It was totally down to me being anxiouse and it was a problem, I mean its hardly normal behaviour is it. I also found it was much worse when I was bang on drugs, for obviouse reasons. Drugs like speed and coke tend to make u anxiouse and compulsive anyway so if u already r then they dont help very much!