Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Useless Southerners

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Leeds could do with a few less Londoners.

haha. Leeds wouldnt survive without me! let alone the rest of the southerners
    olaola wrote: »
    haha. Leeds wouldnt survive without me! let alone the rest of the southerners

We'd do just fine love. What you mean is you wouldn't survive without Leeds?
    Our nights out for students are loads cheaper than within your so called 'ring of civilisation'
    Wish it would snow in the midlands. :impissed:
    Ghost18 wrote: »
    We'd do just fine love. What you mean is you wouldn't survive without Leeds?
    Our nights out for students are loads cheaper than within your so called 'ring of civilisation'

you pay for quality mate!
    Well we haven't had any fucking snow, anyway :grump:
    you pay for quality mate!

You mean you get conned for crap.
    Leeds, fucking brilliant for nights out.
    I like leeds, far better night out than durham.
    I'm a Northerner living in London.

Love the place. Still a Northerner though! :)
    MrG wrote: »
    I like leeds, far better night out than durham.

Its a good night out i agree. Much prefer Newcastle though, which is more local for you isnt it?
    Ahh... Just love reading a good north/south debate... all the false :p ing and :razz: ing to pretend it's not really a serious arguement.

I don't feel I can join in though... Technically I'm a southerner, having been born in Hampshire... but I've lived up north for most of my life.
    Except when I lived in France that is... And given a choice I'd be back there.

North of England or South of England... they're both crap really. ;)
    Lu_C wrote: »
    Except when I lived in France that is... And given a choice I'd be back there.

North of England or South of England... they're both crap really. ;)

That's treason! :lol:
    Theres no snow here either. Oh yeah and northerners, if i had my way they'd build some sort of wall to keep you all out. Nothing against anyone personally but as a collective you all have the most hideous accents going.
    The snow is following me around the country. I travelled into London from Cambs at it was fiiine. We can handle it maybe. It will snow up North tomorrow as I return.
    My driving test got cancelled this morning cos of the fucking snow. I was not impressed, especially as I had just had an hours lesson on slushy roads and was absolutely bloody fine.
    The entire system breaks down when something we're not used to happens, even if it's happened before.
    RARGH.
    Newcastle is a really good night out, though because I don't get chance to go out much I rarely get chance to go to newcastle.
    LacyMay wrote: »
    Oh yeah and northerners, if i had my way they'd build some sort of wall to keep you all out.

Indeed, Hadrian had the right idea, he just built it in the wrong place.
    Heard that more are on benefits in the south than in the north?

'cos so many of your brethren moved down here looking for work. As if we'd employ them :no:
    'cos so many of your brethren moved down here looking for work. As if we'd employ them :no:

Is that why most of the big issue sellers in Leeds have cockney accents? Obviously this shows that your lot are coming up here for work. And why are there so many southerners in our Uni's then?
    Employment chances for Southerners in the North= pretty much zero. We only hire the students so they stop whinging. The line of employment for adults from the south ends at Birmingham and that's only because we have a laugh with them. Your lot can stand shouting "big issue please" at me and I'll just point and laugh.
    After all, there's only so many jobs on the markets :lol:
    Is that why most of the big issue sellers in Leeds have cockney accents? Obviously this shows that your lot are coming up here for work. And why are there so many southerners in our Uni's then?
    Employment chances for Southerners in the North= pretty much zero. We only hire the students so they stop whinging. The line of employment for adults from the south ends at Birmingham and that's only because we have a laugh with them. Your lot can stand shouting "big issue please" at me and I'll just point and laugh.
    After all, there's only so many jobs on the markets :lol:

Are you just bitter because you've ran out of coal to mine?
    No, we're bitter coz you southern fuckers closed the fucking mines or don't you know anything?
    And remember, seen as you're so keen to build your fucking wall that all the steel you use is made in the north. All that fish that you love is brought in at places like hull and newcastle which happen to be in the North.
    If you want your wall we'll fucking build it for you. I think we'd be getting the better deal.
    No, we're bitter coz you southern fuckers closed the fucking mines or don't you know anything?
    And remember, seen as you're so keen to build your fucking wall that all the steel you use is made in the north. All that fish that you love is brought in at places like hull and newcastle which happen to be in the North.
    If you want your wall we'll fucking build it for you. I think we'd be getting the better deal.

No Southend jellied eals for you sonshine!
    No Southend jellied eals for you sonshine!

Don't touch owt like that.
    And one more thing I forgot to mention If you (or we) build that wall we also get Scotland (if it doesn't cut off as its own country) as it becomes cut off from you. You might be happy about that now. BUT where would you get your gas from?
    LacyMay wrote: »
    Nothing against anyone personally but as a collective you all have the most hideous accents going.

Bit cheeky coming from a southerner!

From a purely neutral perspective, the southern accent is definitely the most hideous accent going out of the two. I'd almost rather listen to an American than a southerner and that's saying something. Some are worst than others though I suppose - I find west country quite amusing.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Addict wrote: »
    From a purely neutral perspective, the southern accent is definitely the most hideous accent going out of the two. I'd almost rather listen to an American than a southerner and that's saying something. Some are worst than others though I suppose - I find west country quite amusing.

There's no definate sothern accent. You probably mean the estuary accent.

Lacy's from Bristol so I always imagine her to a Vicky Pollard type accent. :p
    Weekender Offender 
    I really don't get people who are so bothered about the north/south issue.

I did laugh when a posh Southerner called me a Northerner though. The name 'Midlands' does tend to indicate what part of the country I live in.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    PussyKatty wrote: »
    I really doin't get people who are so bothered about the north/south issue.

I did laugh when a posh Southerner called me a northerner though. The name 'Midlands' does tend to indicate what part of the country I live in.[/QUOTE]

It's just banter, and to a southerner you are a northerner.
    Weekender Offender 
    haha, Jesus! I only made that first comment as a joke!

Calm down people, you can't judge someone just because they are from ooop norf or dann safff...
    Skive wrote: »
    I had no problems on the road to London this morning.

Of course London and the surrounding transport systems are going to suffer, there the busiest systems in the country and don't exactly run smoothly in the dry.

I think this diagram represents the north south divide perfectly.

Travelling from North to South....
    ape-man-line-up.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Sorry guys but that's fucking hillarious!
    I do think it's quite funny how angry you people are getting over which end of the fucking country you're from, as I said half of me is from Leeds and I support Leeds but I am from the South so not really gonna comment too much, however I would much rather live in the south as I can actually understand what the fuck people are talking about down here.

I'm a southerner now living in Wales, and i thought the Welsh attitude towards the English (the northerners in particular) was bad, but you're worse!! You cant change the past...stop being so bitter and just get on with your life :razz:
    Kermit wrote: »
    Half an inch of snow and this happens!

You're all a bit crap really, aren't you?

"London Underground commuters suffered delays and cancellations on six lines"
    ROFL
    Snow? Causing delays on the underground?:crazyeyes