Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Fights!

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    g_angel007 wrote:
    The only fight I think I've ever had (besides the odd school-yard scuffle) was in a nightclub, randomly enough, against the bouncers...

You being sarky? It's not random to scrap with bouncers.

I saw - yet another - fight tonight at a petrol station... blokes who knew [and didn't like] each other I guess. They all fucked off sharpish when I started speaking in tongues... I await my Victoria Cross or whatever the fuck they call it! :angel:
    Funnily enou8igh near fighting with a good friend tonigh,t he pushed me but i didnt hit himback , he just had too much booze.

we've been pn the piss since 3pm today..fucked.ended up in the posh hotel smking grass,sniffing coke and eating e#s. fucked.

"those still up for it on a sunday night"
    last time i had a proper "fight" me and my mate got proper tupped getting off the x43 back from manchester, was my bday and we were both proper off our faces, was quite funny looking back.

other than that, had a few run ins at sheffield, stoke and leicester..didnt come to blows, but nearly did....

fighting is pointless
    JsT wrote:
    Not since I played rugby. That was an authorised 80 minute fight.

Ahh I miss playing Rugby. I remember one game where we were playing a team who are well known around here for being dirty and are basically a bunch of thugs. Anyway they'd been playing dirty the whole game, and threatening us e.t.c. After the game they came into our changing rooms where my mate was showering. They spat on my mate in the shower (we think this may have been racist as my mate is black and they'd had it in for him the whole game) and then started kicking all his clothes about in the mud. Anyway he came and told us and the whole of our team cut the cunts off round the back of our clubhouse and basically kicked the shit out of them. They were outnumbered and being smashed in against the wall when our coaches came and went ape shit...
    I was almost in fisty-cuffs last Thursday.
    My friend raced to the dancefloor brushing past this lass. (She honestly didnt mean to, she was just a litlle drunk and it was chelsea dagger that came on!).
    The lass came storming after my friend (who is not the fighting type) and swung for her. She missed so i told her to get lost (in not such nice terms), to which she lamped me an egg on my forhead.
    I so wanted to kill her, but my mates held me back. She left shortly after. I felt angry at myself cos ive been a good girl for a fair few months!

The funniest fight i saw was between my mum and her sister in a chinese. My mum swung for her but completely missed! She carried on so her sister just smacked her. But, because she's built like a bloke she completely floored her!She felt so guilty that she went to pick her up off the floor, but just grabbed her dress. She ripped it clean off leaving my mum in just her underwear! :shocking:
    briggi wrote:
    You being sarky? It's not random to scrap with bouncers.

I saw - yet another - fight tonight at a petrol station... blokes who knew [and didn't like] each other I guess. They all fucked off sharpish when I started speaking in tongues... I await my Victoria Cross or whatever the fuck they call it! :angel:

Nope - not being sarky.

I am not one for fighting at all (although some of my friends used to be) and so never thought the fight I would get into would be against the 'biggest' blokes in the place.

You would expect them to have a level of decorum/professionalism, yet most of them are thugs and are not good bouncers at all.

The decent bouncers should be able to manage most situations without having to resort to violence, and they should especially not actually START the bloody fight!

I just don't understand fighting and avoid it like the plague! I did kick-boxing and boxing for several years, but only for the fitness side of it, so I know I could (and did) handle myself if I *had* to - i.e. if there was no way of talking/walking away. It still doesn't mean I understand why people get so aggressive and resort to fighting to sort issues that they could walk away from.

You can normally spot the people out for trouble and so I usually just don't go anywhere near them.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    koe_182 wrote:
    fighting is pointless

I can't agree with that.
    Since school it's always been the fastest and simplest way to sort out a problem. Of course as you get older fights get more dangerous, and you tend to take longer to heal.

And there's always a point to fighting back if somebody squares up to you. Never let anybody see you take a kicking without putting up a fight, else you open it up for everybody to have a pop. I've taken a kicking before, but I can honestly say I've never just led down and taken it. I've never let a mate down either when he's been in trouble, infact there's nothng that gets me more pumped up then somebody giving grief to my sister or my mates.

Even when there is no point, there's nothing quite like the buzz you get from a good ruck, especially when you're there with you mates. Nothing makes you feel more together or part of something.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:

Even when there is no point, there's nothing quite like the buzz you get from a good ruck, especially when you're there with you mates. Nothing makes you feel more together or part of something.

I don't enjoy fighting really and I do honestly try and avoid violence whenever possible.
    But I know what you mean about the feeling you get when helping mates out. Like when the whole of our rugby team were smashing in these cunts who spat on my mate because he was black while he was showering, was such a rush.
    Skive wrote:
    I can't agree with that.
    Since school it's always been the fastest and simplest way to sort out a problem. Of course as you get older fights get more dangerous, and you tend to take longer to heal.

And there's always a point to fighting back if somebody squares up to you. Never let anybody see you take a kicking without putting up a fight, else you open it up for everybody to have a pop. I've taken a kicking before, but I can honestly say I've never just led down and taken it. I've never let a mate down either when he's been in trouble, infact there's nothng that gets me more pumped up then somebody giving grief to my sister or my mates.

I have to agree with the majority of that. Although these days i find i'm more worried about hurting someone or getting in trouble than i used to be.

I would also never back down from a fight. I'm quite intimidating so i'm lucky in that if anything i tend to start the fights, not get started on. If i just let people give me a hiding, there'd be plenty of people that'd be willing to try it on and i'm not too keen on all that!
    Skive wrote: »

I cant say I've come across any fighting or what not at a club for years and years, maybe its just the places I go.

Frankly there is too much of a chance that some little shit will have a knife or gun for me to have a go in London (unless I had to that is).
    Skive wrote: »
    I can't agree with that.

I would have agreed back in the day but these days cunts only need the slightest of reasons to bring you to court, and look for compo. It's really not worth the risk. One of my best friends recently ended up in court charged with GBH, and facing prison, all because he stuck up for a friend in a club. He got off with a £1000 pay-out because he had good references, but the compo culture really makes me avoid trouble these days.
    budda wrote: »
    I cant say I've come across any fighting or what not at a club for years and years, maybe its just the places I go.

Frankly there is too much of a chance that some little shit will have a knife or gun for me to have a go in London (unless I had to that is).

That's a bloody good point.

I don't go to the places where you would expect any trouble but you're right, you never know who is carrying in this day and age...
    Never had a fight. Slapped some bloke for calling my then girlfriend a slut once, and she wasn't even there, and he didn't even know who I am. This bloke had got arsey with me cos HE'D spilled his pint on ME. I wouldn't have gotten into an actual fight over it but it's probably a good thing my mate realised what was going on and gave the jackass a good eyeballing.

I don't ever want to be in a fight and will avoid it at all costs, especially what with being built like a stick insect...
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    budda wrote: »

Definately, fighting in the street isn't the same as a school scrap, I've ended up in hospital a couple of times and and I've got a conviction for fighting, but they're things I've just had to accept.
    I have got better over the last few years but if somebody squares up to me or if a mate's in trouble, I still tend to act first think later and I've very rarely regretted it.
    Weekender Offender 
    LacyMay wrote: »
    :yes:

My mate had a go at the wrong person once and it was really embarrassing.

If i know who it was though, i'll either tell them to fuck off or shove them if i'm really annoyed.

reminds me of when i pinched my mate's bum, she turned round and gave this piss head ten rounds of fucks with her fist! oops

been along time since I was in a fight (OK just over a year but it had to be done!). I have learnt to be the bigger person and laugh off things people say. Plus I was getting arrested and barred from lots of places. I used to be one of those people that if someone started something I had to finish it! Now I've learnt how to get on with people and defuse a situation. I was never a bully though and I never started.

Unlike you though Lacy, I've had my fucking hair pulled so many times and scratched to bits before. When a girl jumps on you and pulls your hair, sometimes the only way to win is to yank her head by her hair.
    How shameful it all must look!
    And my I add, alchohol is almos 100% always involved.
    my brother and i had a good go at eachother for about 15 minutes :thumb:

we fight for the shere sport of it. theres never been much conflict between us.
    I've never been a fight. Got wacked in the head with a book, pushed into a bush etc at school but I never retailated. The only person I really fight with is my brother, and thats mainly verbal insults and the odd slap/punch, but its all sibling banter.
    g_angel007 wrote: »
    Bradford bouncers. I SOOO don't miss them.

Which club was it?

Last time I got in a fight was outside bambooza with this chav. I'd just crossed over from the red square vodka bar when this chav cracked me one in jaw.
    So I did a great public service to the city of Bradford by knocking the fuck out of him and leaving him in a heap on the ground.
    I then did what I always did after a fight, Downed shots of absinthe and snorted about 3g of speed.
    Ended up well mashed and back at my mates place in thornbury where we had an all night rave next night.
    Talk about a weekend mash up!
    havent been in a fight for a few months.. generally i try to avoid fights unless someone starts on me or my mates

had a fair few arguments with bouncers over not lettin me back in for coats etc, most bouncers are cunts

easy enough to end up fightin with mates if you're all on spirits or white cider