Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

recommend some straighteners?!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im going into town tomorrow to look for a new pair of hair straighteners.

Can anyone recommend me a good pair?! At the moment I haave some vidal sassoon ones and they are absolute RUBBISH!
So anything will be an improvement on them i guess!!

I was going to opt for some ghds but at the moment i cant spare that amount of money!
Maximum i can spend up to on them tho is abooout.. £70 i guess. (cuz i want some really great ones!!)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    which ghds have you got? just been on the ghd official website and theres quite a few - if i DO end up spending the extra cash on some, id like to know that the ones i do get are really good! do yours have a special item name i can look up?
    I got mine for £80, can't remember where but google it and I'm sure you can find them quite cheap

I've never had straightners as good as GHDs.
    save a bit more money and get GHD
    Why do people make threads about hair straightners when there is one obvious answer!?

Just get bloody GHDs! Its simple. Simple as 1 2 3!

You can get them around 70/80ish on ebay and they are cheap as chips compared to other shitty ones you will buy and throw and get more. Worth every penny of every pound you spend on them!
    Everyones saying GHDs are way better but it really depends on how curly your hair is to start with. I have a pair of Remington ones that cost me £35 and they're great but my hair was only wavy to start with. For me it would be a waste to spend all that money on GHDs as it wouldn't look much different.
    ashlee wrote: »
    Why do people make threads about hair straightners when there is one obvious answer!?

Just get bloody GHDs! Its simple. Simple as 1 2 3!

You can get them around 70/80ish on ebay and they are cheap as chips compared to other shitty ones you will buy and throw and get more. Worth every penny of every pound you spend on them!

:yes: true true..
    guess its just me being a bit of a cheapskate!!

going by what everyone is saying i guess ill just save for a couple more weeks and get the ghds then! thanks :D

now its just a question as to which ones.. looking at the lot of em now and they all vary in price.. but they all look the same!! i guess that means i just go for the cheapest ones?! :yes: if the specifications are basically the same as the more expensive ones it surely cant hurt to go for cheaper ones anyway :chin:
    I got mine off ebay for £78 and they're great. I just got the thinner plated ones not the wider salon version. I think there's only really three main ones.
    The normal version, the wider version and the mini version. Whatever else appears i think are limited edition versions which will probably be more expensive, like the pink ones.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    I just got the normal ones my hairdresser uses...
    £90 from supercuts (cheaper than my own hairdresser)
    I had a pair of GHDs and thought they were rubbish. I gave em to a mate, who thought they were rubbish, who then gave em to her little sister...
    If you cant afford ghd's but want some good ones go for morphy richards (the one that you can get cordless). i use them and they're ace. mine are the plug in ones tho, i couldnt live without them!
    Everyones saying GHDs are way better but it really depends on how curly your hair is to start with. I have a pair of Remington ones that cost me £35 and they're great but my hair was only wavy to start with. For me it would be a waste to spend all that money on GHDs as it wouldn't look much different.

Whereas my hair is barely wavy/curly at all, infact if it wasn't for a few random kinks here and there I wouldn't need straighteners. And I've never found any straighteners that make it look as good as my GHD's.

I suppose it depends what kind of look you're going for or how often you want to use them, but for the majority, GHD's are a good investment.
    The ghd's that were £120 are the new mk4 ones which turn themselves off after half an hour, and they are a slightly different shape, and they come with a 2 year guarentee where the old sort you only get a year.
    You can find the old 3.1b or whatever they were ones around on the internet for about 75-85 on most sites. Try googling for discount codes aswell, thats always a bonus!

I have these http://www.t3hair.com/90-83430-2.html?id=t56ZmSXr i've had them over 2 years now though so you get moneys worth really, well my boyfriends moneys worth :p
    Ah, but how long does your hair stay straight? That's the question. With GHD's my hair stays straight for DAYS.

If you use a pair of remingtons, I can pretty much guess that one slight touch of drizzle in the air and your hair looks like a frizzy mess. With GHD's, your hair will go a little wavy but won't go frizzy. In fact, my hair (which is naturally curly and frizzy) looks fab when it's been straightened and then drizzled on!!

There's no comparison. Even if you don't have madly curly hair, you will still find a huge difference in quality of styling.
    Ah, but how long does your hair stay straight? That's the question. With GHD's my hair stays straight for DAYS.

Mine stays straight pretty much until I wash it again, even in the drizzle it's generally straight. I've used my friends GHDs before and they don't make any difference to my hair, but as i said i don't have really curly or frizzy hair, so for me it would be a waste to pay that much.

I agree though that GHDs are much better if you have frizzy hair.
    My girlfriend has very curly hair, you know when it twists into twisty bits? :s (love them! :D) Well anyway, she has revlon ones, has had them for over a year and they get her hair perfectly straight. *shrugs* But I'm not a girl so I don't know :p

It stays straight until she washes her hair again.

Don't tell her I said this, but I've always been fond of her natural curls :( but she insists they're messy. All the same, when it's straight it's lovely...
    oooh shyboy i didn't know you had a lady friend!

sorry i'm really nosey. :blush: