Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hitting Yourself In Your Sleep!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anyone ever done this to themsleves? I was sharing a bed and apparently in the night I wacked myself. And I dont mean against a wall or anything. Actually with my own hands. Have a few bruises. How bazar is this...I guess I must have been having some violent fighting dream.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I used to head bang in my sleep all the time, do it less often now, but still from time to time.
    I used to head bang in my sleep all the time, do it less often now, but still from time to time.

Yeah...glad I am not the only one. Don't think I've done that before. Shouted the odd comment out such as 'Where are my bags?!' but never anything like that before. Maybe I have some violent streak lol beating myself up...
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I dont think I have ever hit myself, but I have been known to hit others in my sleep. However, the tables were turned when my boyfriend punched me in his sleep...I didnt even wake up! :lol:

I think it is weird what we all do in our sleep; talk, hit, sing, walk, eat.
    I used to do weird stuff like this. (well, throwing up & taking my PJs off) Thankfully, I have grown out of it.
    I went through a phase of scratching myself in my sleep, I'd wake up covered in pretty awful scratches some mornings. Never got to the bottom of it, just stopped one day (well, night) :chin:
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    briggi wrote:
    I went through a phase of scratching myself in my sleep, I'd wake up covered in pretty awful scratches some mornings. Never got to the bottom of it, just stopped one day (well, night) :chin:
    I just scanned that at first and saw scratching and bottom :blush:
    I have been known to shout some stuff out in my time!
    "Is this when the ghosties come out to play?" has to be a classic. My friends never ever let me forget that.
    A close runner up was at a girly sleepover when I have shouted "Fucking hate that fat girl, wish she didn't get on my bus" - didnt take much to figure out who I was talking about. Thank god she wasn't there! I would have died in my sleep hehe
    Yeah, I've done it before... Although I used to get this thing where I'd wake up and see stuff in my room. It mainly happens when I'm stressed, I feel really scared and see huge insects, or tall men, or demons in my room. I can't move for a few seconds...

It happened in Nepal when i woke up yelling "OHFUCKTHERE'SFUCKINGHUGEINSECTSONTHEWALL!!!" and panicking for the torch, even though I'm not in the slightest bit afraid of insects when I'm awake.
    is it a form of sleepwalking? I've had unexplained bruises on my legs before.