Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

WE DON'T KOW WHAT'S IN OUR FOOR.DO WE KNOW WHAT ISN'T?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
wITH ALL THE FOOD SCARES WE'VE HAD WE'VE SEEN AND INCREASE INORGANIC FOOD SUPPLIES AND SUPPLEMENTS.
It doesn't take a genius to realise that we're not getting what we need from or food. This is becuse intensive farming does not use crop rotation.his means our soil has been depleated of minerals since the war. And if it's not in the soil, it's not in the vegetables. his is why we over eat gain weight/feel stretched.As a%age of what's in our baskets is no good we buy/eat twice as much.beumin@aladdinscave.net

beumin

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by beumin@alassindcave.net:
    wITH ALL THE FOOD SCARES WE'VE HAD WE'VE SEEN AND INCREASE INORGANIC FOOD SUPPLIES AND SUPPLEMENTS.
    It doesn't take a genius to realise that we're not getting what we need from or food. This is becuse intensive farming does not use crop rotation.his means our soil has been depleated of minerals since the war. And if it's not in the soil, it's not in the vegetables. his is why we over eat gain weight/feel stretched.As a%age of what's in our baskets is no good we buy/eat twice as much.beumin@aladdinscave.net

I guess one answer is to eat organic, or take vitamin suppliments.

Organic food is becoming cheaper, I discovered, in Tesco, the other day that organic garlic is cheaper than the other stuff!

J9

Yeah agrred.
    I eat healthily compared to most ppl I know but still unless u take a lot of time cooking food u dont eat that healthy...
    Went to go to the doctors for a check up n had blood tests, came back I was badly defficient in loadsa things... Have to take supplements everyday now whatever I eat
    Originally posted by Daze:
    Yeah agrred.
    I eat healthily compared to most ppl I know but still unless u take a lot of time cooking food u dont eat that healthy...
    Went to go to the doctors for a check up n had blood tests, came back I was badly defficient in loadsa things... Have to take supplements everyday now whatever I eat

Is that an effect of the drugs Daze, or just you're metabolism?

J9

Not so much either. The drugs would have something to do with it, but its more that the food that I'm eating has a lot of the 'natural goodness' taken outta it.
    Originally posted by Daze:
    Not so much either. The drugs would have something to do with it, but its more that the food that I'm eating has a lot of the 'natural goodness' taken outta it.

Crazy isn't it! My husband has to take Vitamin C every day (prescribed by our GP).

I think our daughter has a Vit B deficiency at the moment!

J9
    I eat so unhealthily its untrue. I should be a massive size by now, but thankfully I'm not. The thing is, I am such a fussy eater, my whole diet consists of chocolate, crisps, chips, jacket potatos, stuff like that! I don't like any vegetables, any fruit and only chicken out of the meats. Hmmm shouldn't I be dead technically?! I don't get any minerals or vitamins! LOL I always wonder if I would have been a bit taller if I ate proper foods. Is anyone else a really fussy eater?

Smile :)
    i'm a fussy eater too, because i've never trusted what was in our food. i felt vindicated when bse came along. its still a hard job finding what is good to eat.our bodies really don't know what it is to eat well.

beumin
    I take multi vitamins every day because since I started to smoke a lot of weed, it has affected my apetite and some days I eat loads and other days nothing at all. My adopted mum and me buy lots of organic stuff and I think if nothing else it is nice to know you are ont eating a load of chemidcals.
    You are what you eat.

I am veggie (although I eat fish (BUT NOT COD [ed.]) and eat lots of fruit too.

I don't take any supplements and buy as much as possible as organic (just how it was meant to be).

The trouble is, to eat properly and healthily costs about twice as much per month as "normal" foods.

I admit to being a bit addicted to the Tesco Value range though! Bargains at 10p a tin (even if they do contain GM sya!!)

I found that up until I was about 25, I could all sorts of crappy food. But since then, I have noticed that my body was getting more demanding.

OJ in the morning (Vit C)
    Toast for brekkie with sliced banana and peanut butter (fibre, vit c and protein)

apple ans sarnie for lunch (fibre, protein, carbohydrate and vitamins)

pasta with fish (carbohydrates, minerals, fibre, proteins)

cereal for supper (fortified with 6 vitamins and iron!!!)

:-)

Originally posted by Alan london:

Toast for brekkie with sliced banana and peanut butter (fibre, vit c and protein)

MMmmmm that sounds yummy im gonna have that tomorrow mornin