Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

should i stay or should i go

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hmm, didn't know where to post this so thought anything goes would be my best bet.

My mate wants me to go to Paris with him, to see this band that we're both really into. Just for the weekend, and the band are awesome and it's a big concert, but...it's right smack in the middle of my exam period for my A levels. It's on a weekend, but I have exams the week before and after. Also, it's going to cost a bomb. But then I really want to see the band again and going to Paris would be really nice :chin:

So my dilema is, I don't know whether to go or not...what would you guys do?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you'll pass either way, go.

If you'll probably fail if you don't revise the weekend before, don't go.

Not really worth stuffing up loads of work for the sake of a concert.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I'd advise you to think, in either case, how you'd feel afterwards. If you went and didn't pass, would you say it was worth it? If you didn't go and passed, would you regret not going?
    You could always see the band another time...
    I'd advise you to think, in either case, how you'd feel afterwards. If you went and didn't pass, would you say it was worth it? If you didn't go and passed, would you regret not going?
    and wouldnt you just be gutted if you didnt go and failed anyway..
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    icey wrote: »
    and wouldnt you just be gutted if you didnt go and failed anyway..
    We can be sure she would, though! Similarly if she went AND passed, we can be sure she'd be happy. It's the other two possible outcomes that are in dispute.
    id say go, as long as your at least pretty sure youll pass.

i hate passing up evenings uot for tests. im pretty sure youll do fine anyway!:)

just use reprecussion
    Go, you're only young once for goodness sake
    I've never been able to work for exams at weekends in my life. I just have a mental block and feel I should be enjoying the weekend or relaxing, moreso on a Friday or Saturday than on a Sunday. Even during the height of my A Levels I always used to head out on Friday and Saturday nights. I'd go to the concert if you'll really regret missing it. You can always just do more work on the Thursday/Monday to compensate.
    Though while some do, many young people while aware, don't care about their future.

The domino effect of having a levels which will allow you to progress to the next level, and then when that is achieved, go even higher again, it all all boild down to money and achievements.

You may well still pass your exams, very well indeed, but how do you know how much the results (even good ones) were affected by you going away.

Seeing this band may well be a once in a lifetime experience, but even having the building blocks to a fufilling and better life is priceless and a lifelong experience, as opposed to one that just lasts a weekend.
    I suppose you have to ask yourself if you would be spending the weekend working anyway. I would personally be using the weekend as a break from the stress of taking all the exams.
    I suppose you have to ask yourself if you would be spending the weekend working anyway. I would personally be using the weekend as a break from the stress of taking all the exams.

De-stressing is fine, yeah. But going to a different country has stresses of its own associated with it. It's unlikely, but it could all go tits up and be a right annoying experience that would not be calming in any way. In fact, knowing how often they do it, the French workers could be on strike and you could end up stuck in Paris.
    Only you know the answer to it. Hope your decision is a good'un!
    Cant you just ask them to rearrange the concert to the weekend after as a "woo i've finished my A-levels" sort of thing?! :D:p
    I wouldn't go, just because there is still chance to see the band when it's coming to my hometown. Moreoever wouldn't I take any chances, because of the exams. study, save a lot of cash and see the band the next chance, is my opinion.
    I wouldn't go either, because I'd feel so disappointed in myself and the anxiety while away would ruin the experience. But this is now, when I'm in your position there's an equal chance i'd go. I guess it's all about how confident you feel and how much you value your exams. I guess there are thousands of social events for you in the future, would missing one not be worth passing an exam (providing you think you will fail, of course)...

good luck with everything :)
    I personally wouldn't go. Of course, this does depend on how much revision you do before and how confident you feel about whether you'll pass the exam.