Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Wheezing/Coughing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Had a bit of a cough recently, since friday. all fine and dandy with that, can deal with them. The problem bit is what i'd describe as wheezing. Quite a lot when i breathe, when im laying down or something, my chest appears to rattle and wheeze. it's getting a little disturbing.

Apart from that, I feel perfectly fine in myself. no glands up, feel energised etc. I checked NHSdirect website earlier, said it might be an asthma attack but im pretty sure it's not, i've always had good lungs.

Obviously if it gets any worse i'll phone docs immediately, but otherwise is it worth worrying about? i've had a lot of stress recently- exams and a family death- so I was thinking that as the exams finished last week it's just everything catching up with me. anyone got any input?

Comments

• Options
    If you can walk up/down stairs and it's not affecting your breathing other than when your coughing then it shouldn't be anything to worry about, like you say life catching you up and your body asking for a bit of a break.

Obviously if you're worried at all or it doesn't improve over the next few days, or it's stopping you sleeping then get it checked out. Walk in Centres can do stuff like this if that's easier than your GP.
  • Options
    To be honest, if you have a cough at the moment, it's probably just goo (for want of a better word) rattling about in your chest/getting in the way of your airways. The chest equivalent of a snotty, whistly nose, if you want.

However, lungs aren't things to be pissed about with, so if you find yourself short of breath or with pain in your chest or anything like that, I'd see a doctor.
  • Options
    aye! it's just i often get sinus problems, but never once had the stuff down in my chest. I still feel fine in myself, so will hang it out for a wee while. thanks guys :)