Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Dublin

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
edited January 2023 in General Chat
So I'm going there in May and yes for my sins, I'm going to stay in a hostel. Thing is, I'm just a tad worried about it based on threads I've read in this very forum.

I know that my_name was forever traumatised by her stay, briggi uses this smilie when hostels in Dublin mentioned: :nervous: and you only have to read Koe's reply to this thread to run a mile from the idea.

Anywho, my mates are booking this place - yeah it's hella basic, and pretty tatty but surely if there's a big group of us altogether and we take sleeping bags it will be all good right?

Oh yeah and the places not to miss in Dublin are...

Cheers :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I *think* i stayed there when i went to dublin about 10 years ago - it was fine - as long as your not expecting a 5 star hotel. But definately take sleeping bags. The 4 bedded ensuite rooms looked OK.
    Go to Dublin Zoo! The Guiness Factory and Temple Bar, and do lots of shopping...
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Go to Dublin Zoo!
    :chin:
    **Helen** wrote: »
    :chin:

The Zoo is great... when you watch a movie and it has the lion at the start... the one that roars - you know what I mean?!! Haha - that lion was from Dublin Zoo, apparently. :)
    i usually book my hostels through www.hostelworld.com, you can see some reviews:http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/AbrahamHouse-Dublin-109?#

it seems to be OK, but from some of the reviews i wouldnt expect anything too flashy, like you say tho, theres plenty of you, sleeping bags a great idea.

im gonna do a :nervous: for good measure
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    koe_182 wrote: »

im gonna do a :nervous: for good measure

:lol: cheers for the links Koe
    You're better off getting a hotel for a few nights. Hostels are a rip off in Dublin and they're nearly always dingy holes. Lots of things to do in Dublin, well just drinking.