Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Boards downtime

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Good - tomorrow works excellently for me, I have to finish my work by tomorrow so I can leave for holiday :D, and I have mountains of work piled up as I procrastinated the whole day today :o
    Oh dear
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    I can see the forums and you can't!
    Just to say, now we're back up if anyone sees any problems do let us know :thumb:
    Hurray!!!

I was getting bored :(
    yay :)
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    **Helen** wrote: »
    I can see the forums and you can't!

Hrumph.

Not that I was complaining at that time, as I was not here :p
    Hrumph.

Not that I was complaining at that time, as I was not here :p

Oooh looks like you may have highlighted a prob!
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    So....did you all take over another forum?
    Finally, I was desperate in the afternoon. I had to force myelf to find something else to do. Horrible! :rolleyes:
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    **Helen** wrote: »
    Oooh looks like you may have highlighted a prob!

Hehe, I did notice that, but thought you would pick it up fairly quickly :)
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Nice about the eye that takes you to the post!
    I'll have to be more careful when replying now though, sometimes I quote one post, but click the "quick reply" button on another.

Could a multi-quote option also be added? This would pair nicely with this one. Not that I need it or anything, just a suggestion.

ETA: Could the image be replaced with something else though? An up arrow maybe, the eye's kind of looking out of place. Not to mention I hate eyes
    ahhh so that's what the eye image is then...
    ETA: Could the image be replaced with something else though? An up arrow maybe, the eye's kind of looking out of place. Not to mention I hate eyes

It's the all seeing eye...
    It's the all seeing eye...
    What eye!?!? I see no eye :(.
    I still can't see one!
    I still can't see one!
    I think it might be our theme, Heatheryage ;o. Maybe it's different for Vision in Violet...
    I can see it, not too keen on it personally as it's sort of creepy in a random kind of way but i'm sure i'll get used to it and in a few days i probably won't even notice it!
    Okay, to answer a few points raised -

Yes, we will be having a multi-quote function but I need a bit of time to put together the required images for the buttons on every theme.

The eye was quickly thrown together in a couple of minutes to get things live - it takes a bit longer to put together a proper icon, so I'll hopefully get to that.

And sorry KHSS and Franki - thought I'd ftp'd the image everywhere it needed to go, but clearly I missed VinV. If you want to see what other people are talking about then change the style for a minute - once again 9it's something I'll sort out in the morning.
    I checked the other styles.

I don't like the eye.

Please don't put it onto this one, the link works just fine >.<.
    I can see it now in the red thingywhatsit theme :)
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I don't like the eye. Can we turn it off or something or can it be changed to something smaller and more subtle? :)
    JsT wrote: »
    I don't like the eye. Can we turn it off or something or can it be changed to something smaller and more subtle? :)
    Jim V wrote: »
    The eye was quickly thrown together in a couple of minutes to get things live - it takes a bit longer to put together a proper icon, so I'll hopefully get to that.
    ;)
    The eye is awful.
    meh, no go on the eyeball
    Maybe we could get some of the graphique artistes to come up with an alternative. Saves you the bother of having to waste your time on photoshop / google, and the graphic people love making icons and stuff anyway, so they'll be only too pleased I bet.
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Maybe we could get some of the graphique artistes to come up with an alternative. Saves you the bother of having to waste your time on photoshop / google, and the graphic people love making icons and stuff anyway, so they'll be only too pleased I bet.

sounds like fun actually! ill get started on one, anyone care to join the festivities?

Edit- did one, and i prolly wont get the chance to make any more before this is fixed
    Thanks for the suggestion - think it might be a little intrusive though ;)

We've come up with something we think will be a little less distracting than the eye - let me know what you think and if it's appearing (just click refresh if you still see the eye and it should change)
    I think that looks better, yes! Just maybe it should be a different colour for each theme, matching the buttons. I imagine you plan to do that anyway though.