Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Approaching people

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    StrubbleS wrote:
    This sort of speech is not ok.

Neither is your condescending attitude.
  • Options
    Why can't we all just be friends? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    i always look at guys i like and smile and look back if they smile back but i wouldnt have the courage to talk to them, i wish i did but i never know what to say without sounding stupid!
    then i always regret it after...
    whats a general chat-up line to use on guys that wouldnt make you think a girls a complete loser?!
    i quite often get guys chatting to me but its often the one i dont want to chat me up... although i dont mind them coming up to me its cool :)
  • Options
    briggi wrote: »
    Way I met my first proper boyfriend, approaching him in the street. I think I lost the bravado to do that somewhere along the way.

what did you say to him to get him to give you his number or whatever?
    i really want to know what girls say to guys cause i wanna chat up guys hehe x
  • Options
    if you ever wonder why "she goes out with that asshole and not me" it's because assholes like me get there first.

haha, that's a great ending.
    I agree with the substance of this 'essay' tho. Breaking the ice is half the rent. If you aren't a stranger anymore, the game is already half won.
  • Options
    cool thing is i'm not worried about rejection more looking like a wierdo what would guys want a girl to say to chat them up but not have them freaked out by it?
    cause some guys you walk past in the street and sort of know you'd be good together(in none stalkerish way haha) but you just don't know what to say to start off the convo when they obviously like you if there looking and smiling at you
    any ideas?!
  • Options
    To be honest, I always just take it as a bit of an ego boost when you make eye contact and smile at some random and they give it back. I wouldn't really use it as a method to meet a potential girlfriend really.

If I went for it, then I'd probably just say "Awright?" introduce myself and ask where she was off to and stuff? Fuck knows, I'd only every do it when I'm drunk and know I'll be able to forget it ever happened :o
  • Options
    ahhhh your pretty brave.

Many a time I have seen a pretty girl in town or round the uni and wished I could have said somehting but always think they would think me sem crazy freak guy.

Unfortunately you see a lot of hot girl sin the street going the opposite way so you can't do owt there.

I try and catch their eye, both out and in clubs but it never seems to work.
  • Options
    I can't approach people either.
  • Options
    I wouldn't approach a guy. It's not really me. Plus I would always wonder if the only reason they went out with me was because I went up to them. But I'm paranoid like that and think too much.

I would give them signals that I was interested though, and if they didn't follow up I would assume they weren't interested.
  • Options
    I'd be the fucking master at this if you could do it on a train. I have no problem talking to strangers on train journeys, and you can usually have a bit of a laugh. But it's just a bit futile, since if you're on a long journey, the chances that you're going to the same place are tiny.
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote: »
    If you were out and saw someone fit, would you go upto them and give them your number/talk to them? Not as in a bar or a club, just out an about.

I always see the fittest people driving. It's so annoying.

Yeah i would or i do, if dey by em self or wit m8's y nt
  • Options
    Tbh I don't really see people I fancy very often, but when I do I just go talk to them, try to make them laugh, goof around a bit.
  • Options
    playdead wrote: »
    what did you say to him to get him to give you his number or whatever?
    i really want to know what girls say to guys cause i wanna chat up guys hehe x

I basically went up and say "hello, I think you're gorgeous [or a word to that effect, I cringe to think it might've actually been "hot" but to be fair he really, really was] do you have a mobile number?" at which point he looked absolutely horrified and I immediately did one and ducked into Binns department store :razz: He followed me inside and stopped me and said that he did have a phone number he was just a bit taken aback that some random lass had accosted him in the street. Asked did I fancy going for a quick drink there and then. Did just that, went back to his and didn't leave for a week. Result :thumb:
  • Options
    Go Team Briggi
  • Options
    You must have a lot of confidence Briggi. I could never do that.
  • Options
    dear god, youve got some serious guts there haha.
  • Options
    It was less a confidence thing and more teen bravado I think, though yeah I did have brass ones back then.

That said [if I wasn't in a relationship] I couldn't let him walk past on the street today either, he was just swoonsome shame about the personality :D
  • Options
    PussyKatty wrote: »
    You must have a lot of confidence Briggi. I could never do that.
    Same here.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    lea_uk wrote: »
    Same here.
    Third.
  • Options
    i fourth that.
  • Options
    Strange reading this thread now as the other day I had a guy approach me on the street and ask for my number. It was very embarassing as I wasn't at all attracted to him, and for ages I thought I must know him from somewhere but couldn't place him. So I was just generally chatting and then he asked for my name which is when I realised I couldn't possibly know him. Unfortunately, he turned out to be a pit creepy because after I said I had to go and meet my friend, (a lie as I actually was starting to get a bit freaked out by this point), he said he'd hang around with me until she turned up. He followed me into all the shops holding up really slutty clothes which he said would "really suit me!" In the end I lost him by sheer good fortune but was on edge for the rest of the day and actually kept on seeing him around town and having to duck into shops to avoid him. Wonder how many other girls he accosted?!