Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Police Force

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    pill 'ed wrote:
    Are the Police allowed to enter your garden through the back gate without permission or a warrant and then search me and my mates (we were all 17 at the time) in my back garden for drugs when my parents weren't in, just because they had arrested someone they knew was our mate for drugs?

Didn't think so, just one of the many corrupt and illegal things the Police round here do.

Actually, I think they can under Section 23 of the Misuse of Drugs Act.
    Glittery wrote:
    Then they arent real friends to begin with then are they.

I'm just telling you how it is for most coppers, I've known a few in my time.
    Blagsta wrote:
    Actually, I think they can under Section 23 of the Misuse of Drugs Act.

Without a warrant and permission? Without even informing my parents who own the house? Without even giving us a stop and search form? I don't think so. They are only allowed to search you if there is enough evidence to suggest that you have drugs on you, just because someone we know got arrested for drugs that isn't enough evidence to say that we have drugs on us. Espescially to just come through my back gate into my back garden and searching us. I'm sorry but I really don't think that is by any means legal.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Tweety wrote:
    He already polices, just he doesnt get paid for it.

Generally they're the worst. :yes:
    Weekender Offender 
    I think it depends who your friends are and the kind of company you keep.

The 5 I know and can think of off the top of my head have pretty reasonable social lives with a variety of people and when I meet up with each of them they are usually the only policeman there.

Like any job, a reasonable proportion of your friends will be from work, but that applies to most jobs.
    pill 'ed wrote:
    Without a warrant and permission? Without even informing my parents who own the house? Without even giving us a stop and search form? I don't think so. They are only allowed to search you if there is enough evidence to suggest that you have drugs on you, just because someone we know got arrested for drugs that isn't enough evidence to say that we have drugs on us. Espescially to just come through my back gate into my back garden and searching us. I'm sorry but I really don't think that is by any means legal.
    The police are given powers to enter premises without a warrant by many Acts of Parliament. For example, under the Gaming Act 1968 they have power to enter licensed premises to carry out inspections. Other powers include searches for drugs under the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971, and for firearms under the Firearms Act 1968.

http://www.yourrights.org.uk/your-rights/chapters/the-rights-of-suspects/police-powers-to-search-premises/entry-and-search-without-a-warrant.shtml
    Skive wrote:
    Generally they're the worst. :yes:

Yeah, fucking plastic pigs.
    Get over it Pill'ed, you were doing wrong and you got caught. To their minds they had reason to suspect it, your mate who probably linked himself and his activity to you.

If it was when you were under 18 you may well find that it doesn't appear on your adult record.
    Blagsta wrote:

Well I still think it's a disgusting invasion of privacy. Surely they have to have a good enough reason to do it? In my opinion it wasn't a very good reason at all. Also they must have to inform the owner of the house, and I know for a fact that they have to write you out a stop and search form which they didn't.
    God the Police get me so fucking fired up, I can't believe I used to want to join.
    Get over it Pill'ed, you were doing wrong and you got caught.

That's just it, I didn't even fucking have anything on me that time!
    pill 'ed wrote:
    Surely they have to have a good enough reason to do it?

AFAIK, it only takes "reasonable grounds", which is usually whatever the police want it to be at the time.
    I've been stitched up by coppers before.

Last March I got filled in by a group of lads in a pub, after simply telling one of them to fuck off. One of their mates who was also drinking was an off duty copper, who arrested me and called the gavers to come and take me to the station.
    He verbally abused me in the back of the car all the way to the sation and then lied on his statement, and the reason for arrest was suddenly changed when I was brought up infront of the desk.
    I complained, but all I goit was pressure to drop the complaint, with promises my charges woudl be dropped, and the fellows who assaulted me would be charged.

In the end I settled for a 'local resolution' (whatever that is), it meant that the complaint didn't go far at all. It did mean the charges against me were dropped, but the fellows who assaulted me got away with it. Despite the fact that the landlord had names, and there were a pub full of witnesses.

Cunt's, the lot of them.
    Weekender Offender 
    Some people have very good reason to hate the police. Battle of the Beanfield, Battle of Orgreave...'nuff said I think.
    No they have reason to hate certain police officers and management and policy at certain times.

Saying you hate the police is like saying you hate all shop assistants, a little harsh, there are some twats and there are some good/nice ones.
    I don't hate all Police, I mean after all some coppers are just doing their job and without them we would be in a state of anarachy.
    However I think the Law in this country is a fucking joke and so many pigs are bent and snidy cunts.
    No they have reason to hate certain police officers and management and policy at certain times.

Saying you hate the police is like saying you hate all shop assistants, a little harsh, there are some twats and there are some good/nice ones.

Oh yes, as individuals there are some OK ones - I've met a few. I'm sure there were some nice coppers at the Beanfield - but when push comes to shove they are there to enforce the powers of the state and if you come into conflict with that, then they'll crack your head.
    What can you do eh?
    OK, I apologise to anyone who may be offended. Sorry. I'm sure your other halves/whatever are perfectly nice people. However, if push comes to shove, I know which side I'm on.
    sophia wrote:
    Whatever your personal opinions and experiences of them are, I can see no justification for calling them all cunts

From my experience, of which I have plenty, the majority of copper are cunts. Yes, I've been naughty a few times, but that doesn't detract from the fact they've stitched me up on a number of occasions.

Marmites probably alright even though there's few things I'm sure I'd disagree with him on, but as an group or organisation, I think the police are cunts.
    Weekender Offender 
    I prefer to tell it how I see it.
    Weekender Offender 
    I want to join because it'll calm me down a bit, and you get some amazing pension when you leave at 55 - then I'll enjoy the second half of my life! Otherwise I'd be working until I drop dead at this rate.

I have a feeling that maybe a handful of my mates won't want that much to do with me if I get it - but that's their shallow loss, innit. I'm not gonna drop them in it just because I end up being a copper - I'm not going to change personailties. At the end of the day, I don't tend to be mates with a load of dodgy 'uns anyway.

I do see everyone's point of view though.
    Maybe you'll get to arrest Pete Doherty.
    Blagsta wrote: »
    Maybe you'll get to arrest Pete Doherty.

Giggle
    All i can say is those who hate police tend to be those who tend to be on the wrong side of the law.
    I have never had a problem with the police even before Chris started being one of them.
    Infact they did a darn right good job helping me when my dad had killed himself and they went out of thier way to help as much as they could.
    You call that being a cunt do you?
    Yes i am well aware that there are some dodgy ones out there, just like there are dodgy judges, travel agents, doctors etc..Doesnt mean that all doctors are cunts does it.
    I think thats a very narrow minded opinion.
    I am not sure I get this "all your mates will be police" thing, because generally in life a lot of your mates have similar professions, so I'm not sure why the police should be any different.
    TheBattle of the Beanfield, when the British police burned people out of their homes.

And just as they'd got me on to the brow of the field there, because that's where they were taking our particular lot that was left, these bobbies stopped me and forcibly spun me round and made me look. They said, 'See that', and I looked at my home, and there was smoke coming out the side doors.

They'd gone and set my home on fire, stopped me and turned me round, and made me look at the flames and the smoke coming out the sides.
    Tweety wrote: »
    All i can say is those who hate police tend to be those who tend to be on the wrong side of the law.
    I findthat to be pretty true as well. My ex had a string of convictions and hated the fact that a policewoman lived next door. I've had police in the family all my life and my mums god-daughter works in the force as well and there both really nice people and very good at the job. You'd get bent people wherever you work though.