Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

hand luggage

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I'm well confused, ive checked the airport and the companies website, basically all i want to know if i can take two or three cans of gin and tonic on the plane.

Any ideas?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    nope, no liquids allowed in hand luggage, well over a certain amount, which your cans will be.

had to take my cans of lager in my suitcase when i went to prague, got there fine however and enjoyed them while waiting for our car to turn up.
    I'd say definately not - any liquids you take need to be essential to your journey and should be in containers of less than 100 ml. I would be really suprised if they let you take cans of gin and tonic onto the plane even before the new regulations as your only allowed to drink alcohol served by the airline.

They do serve gin and toinc on the plane - you just need to ask/pay for it depending on your airline.
    Unless the cans are 100ml or less you won't be able to carry them through security, moreover, like Wyetry said, most airlines don't let you drink your own alcohol on board.

If you buy anything over 100ml in the duty free through the security gates, you can take this on board. (including alcohol- but you probably can't drink it on the plane)

Hope that helps!
    ah thats wank.

Airplane stuff is expensive from what i remember. ah well, its all inclusive where im going at least
    If i recal correctly its not that different from pub prices probably around £2.50 - 3 for a G&T in the US its $5 flat for all alcoholic drinks on most of the airlines - but you cant' buy them obv unless your over 21.
    You can take any liquid you like (excluding explosives etc) in your hand luggage as long as it's in a container of less than 100ml. Those containers then have to be put in a 20cm x 20cm or smaller sealable see through plastic bag. Its the container that matters, not how much you put in it. That means you can't take a half full 200ml container.

Even mini cans are bigger than that so that's where you're going to come unstuck.

Who are you flying with?
    I think you can actually... at the airport when we bought alcohol they put it in a sealed plastic bag which we took onboard in our hand luggage. We didn't open it tho. But we bought bottles of pop in the airport and there wasn't any issues taking that onboard :confused: we spoke to the security guy and he said any liquids before security weren't allowed, but anything you bought after was. A bit silly in a way, but I guess they're just security concious. Surely a determined terrorist could swap the pallets of coke at the factory for whatever high explosive they use and buy 10 cans at the airport. Or in fact, just buy the coke, and then some antiacids, strap them together and watch the fireworks.