Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Putting a mix to CD

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've never actually known how to do this. I wanna put my mix on to CD but have it so you can skip tracks but also still have it playing smoothly all the way through like it's one continuous long mix if you don't choose to skip tracks.

Comments

• Options
    step 1- open the program that plays the music

step 2- drag all the songs you want and put them in the burn list

step 3- click "burn to cd" wherever that ma be on your player

step 4- insert blank cd to disc drive

step 5- hit begin

then wait.

just make sure the songs arent playing, cause that can screw up the cd, and or make the burning process go hella slow
  • Options
    I know how to burn music to CD, I don't think you've understood my question or not read it.
  • Options
    Would you not need to take your track, and cut it into sections? I'm sure there's software that does this. But the long-winded version would be to get a Wav editor, and duplicate the track ten times (or however many sections you want) and cut the first one down to the first 2 minutes, for example, then cut the second one from 2 'til 4 minutes and so on. You can get software that'll do this for free by Googling it. Tracks (theoretically) shouldn't have a gap between them on a burned CD, so it should work. You'd probably end up with a little pause between sections on an MP3 player though.
  • Options
    There is a way to do it in Sound Forge but I really cannot remember where I saw the article!!
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    In Nero there's a setting for how long you want it to stop playing between tracks. I can't remember what it is though.
  • Options
    Makoto wrote:
    I know how to burn music to CD, I don't think you've understood my question or not read it.

didnt understand it, i suppose
  • Options
    You can do it in CDRWIN, you just tick a box and enter any value (seconds) you want, and that's it.
  • Options
    Most burner programs have a choice of delay between tracks and some have "remove silence between tracks" which is basically what you want. I do suppose it depends on how fast your CD player reads CD's though..