Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hmm

13»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    A shite situation to be in make no mistake.

I guess if it gets really bad, just give Stephen the ultimatum - I go or he goes.

Yeah unfortunately as Fiend rightly said I've already given that ultimatum so I've marooned myself up shit creek without a paddle. I guess I was a bit too soft in the aftermath in that I went back before Simon was completely out of the door, and I suppose that was seen as some kind of acceptance of the situation. Anyway, I went round this morning to get some bits and bobs and leave the ring since there's obviously no point in even pretending that that's ever going to work out. Next problem being that we're supposedly off to Sweden for a couple of days tomorrow. Hmph.

Fiend I'm staying at a mate's at the minute, came round here last night after it all kicked off again and have set up camp. I don't really want to upset my parents at the minute -- they've got their own problems!
    Aww Briggi.

Sounds like you need a big hug, not that that will help but you know what I mean.
    I think that's probably exactly what I need! Will have to wait until after work though unless I fancy enlisting the hugging skillz of a big, grubby builder ;)
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    briggi wrote:
    Next problem being that we're supposedly off to Sweden for a couple of days tomorrow. Hmph.

Really sorry to hear that you've had to move out again :(

Is it just the two of you going to Sweden?
    really sorry to hear that Brigs :(
    Hes a complete nob. He really shouldnt be doing this to you.
    Im so cross on your behalf.
    Oh man, he sounded like a real alright fella. I can understand he's having troubles kicking his cousin out and stands up for him, but that takes things too far. I'm not even sure if he realized that things are on the verge... Maybe you should have duct taped the ring to his forhead...

If the worst comes to worst you'll simple immigrate to austria and start a new life... or something.

good luck, hope this works out ok.
    really sorry to hear that Brigs :(
    Hes a complete nob. He really shouldnt be doing this to you.
    Im so cross on your behalf.

I'm cross, too, I wish I could be a bit more cross though as I keep sliding back into "understanding" mode and that hasn't really gotten me anywhere in the past! Obviously you know the ins and outs of the situation, I'm not really sure why he's doing this -- especially why NOW, but obviously I just don't know him as well as I'd thought.

Helen - it is just the two of us going tomorrow. Wednesday will be 15 years since his mum died so we had decided to go and visit her grave and see that side of his family since he rarely gets a chance to visit these days. I am absolutely dreading it now but we have talked about it and he wants me to go with him, and obviously no matter what has happened I'm not going to let him down at a time like this. But really - argh.

Strubbs, Austria is looking more and more attractive by the day! I'm not sure if it's a case of him not knowing that this is make or break time, rather he thinks there's no way I would actually leave him and not end up going back. Obviously that's going on track records, but really he has no idea, I can be pretty stubborn when I want/need to be ;)
    Again, as always, nothing useful to offer, but what a pain chick. Hopefully though, this trip to Sweden, just you two, will wake him up to what he's going to be missing.
    briggi wrote:
    Strubbs, Austria is looking more and more attractive by the day! I'm not sure if it's a case of him not knowing that this is make or break time, rather he thinks there's no way I would actually leave him and not end up going back. Obviously that's going on track records, but really he has no idea, I can be pretty stubborn when I want/need to be ;)

I even went to the magistrate today and got everything ready. Your passport says you are now known as Elfriede Sedlacék. So if you ever need to go into hiding and are bored of your name, pm me :razz:
    briggi wrote:
    The way they were on tonight I think maybe they are happy alone in their little bubble of craziness. We shall see, I suppose.
    does this mean your boyfriend gets involved in the drug fuelled antics? i'm very surprised i must say because everything sounded so sweet between you guys. maybe he just needs time to realise that you mean what you say. especially if drugs are involved - he may be enjoying himself a bit too much right now or not understand why you need this guy out of your house. just be patient and stand by your point. when he has to start picking up the pieces like you have been doing he will soon realise. i reckon he will see the error of his ways and want you back in his arms.
    Nikki* wrote:
    Again, as always, nothing useful to offer, but what a pain chick. Hopefully though, this trip to Sweden, just you two, will wake him up to what he's going to be missing.
    You read my mind.
    I hope things get sorted out between you and your fiance soon. I'm sure it's just a rocky patch. Good luck chickadee :)
    lipsy wrote:
    does this mean your boyfriend gets involved in the drug fuelled antics? i'm very surprised i must say because everything sounded so sweet between you guys. maybe he just needs time to realise that you mean what you say. especially if drugs are involved - he may be enjoying himself a bit too much right now or not understand why you need this guy out of your house. just be patient and stand by your point. when he has to start picking up the pieces like you have been doing he will soon realise. i reckon he will see the error of his ways and want you back in his arms.

Cheers for that lipsy! Obviously I hope you're spot on ;)

The drugs are a weird issue, Stephen [my boyfriend] has a pretty grim past in terms of drug use but at the end of the day he can [and will] do whatever the fuck he likes so I would tend to keep it buttoned. Time was I'd have been doing it all too... and then some, and I'm no hypocrite! He's still into coke in a pretty big way and that's about it, however his cousin is a different issue entirely and has every kind of drug habit going and no way of paying for it. Basically that's the part I really, really don't understand... I would struggle to kick out a relative too but as soon as they started stealing everything that wasn't nailed down I'm sure I'd find the ability.

As for things being sweet between us, well I was going to say that they really, really were until recently but then I suppose this has always been an underlying issue as the cousin has been there for the entire duration. I kind of found it bearable and possibly even vaguely bemusing/amusing, up until the time I found out I was pregnant and then I couldn't abide having him anywhere near me as he turned into a nasty little shit with his "period rain dances" and hilarious jokes about kicking pregnant women down the stairs. A very strange little man, indeed.

Annnyway... obviously, retrospectively it's been a lot for us both to deal with in a short space of time but that's life, and we've spent so long as friends that it isn't as if we barely know each other (though it has felt that way on occasions in the more recent past). However, since I've managed to keep my shit together (for the most part) throughout maybe it's a blessing to find out that he really, really can't and seems to need his deadbeat cousin as some kind of crutch. Just at the moment I think he's struggling too with memories of his mum, and if the problems had've been a result of that I wouldn't have given it a second thought and would be able to continue to - at least try to - understand.. I'm not quite sure how he can explain away the other weeks of behaving like a spineless child.

Maybe Sweden will be a healthy break, though obviously it's not being taken with romantic intentions. If we were going there for any other reason there is no way I'd still be going, but I can't just bow out because the going's got a little rough eh.

eta: Cheers Rach and Nikki, you pair of sweethearts :heart:
    StrubbleS wrote:
    Your passport says you are now known as Elfriede Sedlacék.

:lol: I think I could live with that name! I will bear it in mind :thumb:
    Oh briggi, you'd probably be in Sweden by now, but just wanted to add myself to the list of well-wishers that don't have anything to say - other than to offer you our sympathies and hugs!

Take care :heart:, and think of yourself first for a change...
    Hope Sweden sorts things out :)
    Yeah i am with them. Hope everything works out.
    Tell him to get the fuck out!

If stuff has gone missing and he is trashing your flat - you have no alternative.
    Really hope your holiday is going good hun :)
    Cheers guys, it was really really good to get away even if it wasn't under the most carefree circumstances. Sweden is beautiful and it was lovely to meet that side of his family - signifigantly less crazy and less prone to religious zealotism than the other side :razz:

Even better than that, we got back on Friday morning and there was no sign that there was ever even a third person living in the flat. To say I am over the moon would be a massive understatement :)
    ah, thats BRILLIANT. I hope he stays well away and gets the fucking message at last!
    ah, thats BRILLIANT. I hope he stays well away and gets the fucking message at last!

Let's hope so :D

His Wii is still here too for some strange reason so I have been releasing my pent-up rage boxing thin air :razz:
    be careful. i played wii on friday for the first time and i still ache now (played the boxing game and i nearly thumped the tv and started swearing at the imaginary man i was boxing! he kept getting up again after 9 seconds dammit!).

so are you and thingy still together? :)
    We certainly are :thumb:
    oooh everybody look at the 'news' thread in anything goes! :D
    That's sweet Briggi. I'm chuffed for you. :D
    Addict wrote: »
    That's sweet Briggi. I'm chuffed for you. :D

Cheers! I'm pretty chuffed meself :D