Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How long does cooked mince last in the fridge?

I've just cooked a cottage pie and basically, theres four portions in it.

Ideally, it will provide me with meals till Wednesday but I'm not sure if it will last?

If not, is it safe to freeze it then defrost it? (Although I don't know if you can do this with cooked potato!)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's safe to freeze and re-heat, prviding you freeze it properly and re-heat it properly.

Cooked meat open would probably last 3-4 days in the fridge. Even after putting it in the fridge, though, you need to make sure you re-heat it properly.
  • Options
    You'll find a cottage pie in the caravan on the chemical toilet. The mince won't go another day but you can scrape the potato off and make potato cakes.
    :D
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    It's safe to freeze and re-heat, prviding you freeze it properly and re-heat it properly.

Cooked meat open would probably last 3-4 days in the fridge. Even after putting it in the fridge, though, you need to make sure you re-heat it properly.

yeah, I agree with 3-4 days. Just look at the cottage pie, if it isn't moldy, the meat inside is ok. As soon there is a white wig growing on it, throw it away.

I wouldn't play around with freezing cooked stuff, especially if it's already a day old or so, it perishes easily.