Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Yuck, some1 help!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have this really GROSS problem! I sweat loadz and i have big wet patches under my arms so i can't wear t-shirts or anything!! Ive tried EVERY deodrant to stop this happen but none of them work!!! Can some1 help1??

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    right guards the best, if that dont work, wait untill winter. Besides, if you wear a skimpy shirt then you should remain cool.
    Originally posted by *Kissyboo*:
    I have this really GROSS problem! I sweat loadz and i have big wet patches under my arms so i can't wear t-shirts or anything!! Ive tried EVERY deodrant to stop this happen but none of them work!!! Can some1 help1??

I understand that if your problem is really really bad, your GP can prescribe something. Either that, or he can recomend you for surgery. You can have the sweat gland area removed from your armpits (an area about the same size as a 2p piece).

The only problem is.....the sweat has got to come out somewhere!

Have you tried Mitchums? You can get it in a good chemist, and it has to be used regularly to build up it's effectiveness. It's very expensive, but very good.

Good luck

J9

Originally posted by *Kissyboo*:

If you mention this to your GP as j9 wisely suggested he may prescribe some aluminium hydroxide based deodorant. This is VERY effective, but long term use I would not advise.

I don't know your age, but it may be something you 'grow' out of if you are mid/late teens. It may be hormonally related, and some times the 'pill' can help.

If you don't want to go to your GP, you could ask the advise of your local community pharmacist for practical help.

Hope you get sorted.

derby

hiya,
    i get quite sweaty, esp if im nervous,i find if u just change ur deodrant regularly it works, 4 me anyway. i c it as my armpits get used to the doedrant, and so changing it gives em someint to think about 4 a while!!!
    good luck, dont worry about c-in a doc,
    c ya love helly
    Dry cream is definately the best. I used to sweat a lot, until I used it. SECRET and SURE work wonders for me.
  • Girl-From-MarsGirl-From-Mars Posts: 2,822 Boards Guru
    i found none of the normal deodorants worked for me either. best i found was right guard and mitchums, coz i dont like the smell of deodorants and prefer to wear my own body spray. my mum used to have the same prob when she was my age ish (18 now).. had it for some years, in year 9 on a french exchange i couldnt lift up my arms cozof wet patches under my arms from carrying rucksack.. even in the morning when i wasnt too hot at all. my mum gave me her deodorant that you can buy at a pharmacy over the counter. its called anhydrol forte and has aluminium chloride hexahydrate in it. its really good, but can make you itch and sting if you use it too much or before.afetr shaving. you put it on at night and wash it off in morning ever 2-3 nights. but my PJ's have got holes in the armpits and have been discoloured because of it! not so good.. but its worth it. i have thought about what will be the bad effects on me for this? because i heard from A level biology aluminium can build up in the body and you need to get rid of it (i do drink plenty of water but does that help?).. and what about the prob of not sweating? how does that affect your body? anyone who could answer my questions please do!! (but i hope no one says stop using it as i have been for a while, i cant go back to awful anti-perspirants now, they stain my clothes (prefer my pjs to stain) and i get powder marks and i STILL sweat loads and they dont really help!)
    sorry for rabbitting on peeps!
    Mine has to be like lady liberty's reply, I find that sticks are the best I use secret and they have got a scentfree one so gus and gals can wear it.
    I had an addidas sport one once it was like an orangey coloured stick inside and I think the plastic outside was red but it smelt real nice and lasted me ages.