Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Don't let stress kill you!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If anyone is reading this is suffering some kind of emotional or physical problem, please use this site. I am sure I speak on behalf of regular posters such as Caliph, Chica, helly, j9 and Gwai, that we will try and offer a listening ear.

Regarding stress -

One of the effects of stress for whatever reason; at home, work, school or college is that it can cause you to loose a sense of perspective - big time!

Unfortunately a huge number of under-graduates commit suicide because they think they have failed finals etc, when in fact they haven't. Stress has altered their judgement.

I guess what I am trying to say, is that no matter how bad things may appear, the reality often is very different.

Too many people die in this country by their own hand. I know life can be sh*t, but it can feel better, as Luka says - by simply talking to others.

Best wishes
derby

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hi guys,
    when i was stressed with my exams my mum gave me this, and i read it when eva i wanna kill myself(I wouldnt i just say it when i mad).when im stressed it some how makes things easier and makes u think, as stress always makes me wanna give up.
    DONT QUIT
    when things go wrong as they sometimes will,
    when the road ur trudging seems all up hill,
    when funds r low and debts r high,
    and u want to smile but have to sigh,
    when care is pressing u down a bit,
    rest, if u must, but dont u quit.
    life is strange with its twists and turns, as every1 of us sometimes learns,
    and many a failure turns about when they might have won had they stuck it out.
    dont give up though the pace is slow,
    u may succeed with another blow,
    success is failure turned inside out, the silver tint of the cloud of doubt,
    and you can never tell how close u r,
    it may b near when it seems so far.
    so stick to the fight when ur hardest hit.
    its when things seem worst that u must not quit.

i dont know if that would work for any1 else, its prob the biggest load a bollox u've eva read! sorry 4 boring u if it is.
    c ya
    stay happy,
    dont worry
    love ya helly
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'd just like to say, and I'm sure I speak for all the regulars, that we will provide all the help and support we can to anyone, regardless of the nature of our problem.

Depression and stress are in my experience the worst, it's very hard to admit that there's a problem, and by the time other people notice it enough to be worried it can be too late.

I'd just like to say I've been through some shitty periods in my life, and I've learnt things about people around me I'd rather not have known. But it's never worth giving up at life, ever. If anyone's got any problems, post them or e-mail me on Source729@hotmail.com Thats it.