Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Stupid EBAY

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right I am trying to sell something on ebay and want a starting price of a 5er and a reserve of 20quid right. But it wont let me move on to the next page because it is saying the reserve price is wrong.

Take a look at this

any help?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Urm wont let me attach a screenshot - says it is too big
    The rules on e-bay have changed, the minimum reserve price is now £50.
    since when? I listed something which was reserve of 15quid yesterday
    I thought the minimum reserve was £50 too.

ETA - http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/reserve.html
    Oh, so it does say. ekk I best go look over my other items because the reserve musn't have gone on then :confused:
    I don't see much point of dissuading bidders with a reserve on something < £50 anyway. I mostly start at 1p with no reserve :D but I'm an eBay nublet...
    You can always start low, hoping to climb up to £50 and if you don't get it pull your item out at the last minute. Not something i'd do but i've heard others get around the new reserve rules that way.
    Just I don't want to let this stuff go for less than 15quid, seems a shame it is worth so much more. But I will see how it goes.
    Start the listing at £14.99, then. I think that's probably why eBay have introduced the new rule, to stop people starting their items at lower prices and thereby paying lower listing fees.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    If it is genuinely worth more than £15 then start the price at £15. I never understood the reason for low reserves. Don't see the point, myself. Just list it at what you think is the best price.
    Have done - it is started at 15.00
    I want to know what it is now, haha :) I'm in a spending mood, shame I have no money to spend.
    It is my mates stuff she bought for her beauty course at college and then quit. Im flogging it for her so she can afford to come on holiday with meee!
    You know it costs 35p to list with a start price of £14.99, and 75p for a start price of £15.00?
    Realised that after I had done the first four items out of five then though hey, Im not the one paying the fees :P
    To be fair 5 items x40p = £2. Not massively out of pocket :p. You just owe your friend a fish and chips. Well, you can't even get that for £2 nowadays. A (cheap) pint will do.
    Exactly, not too much different! Espically not if they all sell, which fingers crossed they will do!
    ashlee wrote:
    It is my mates stuff she bought for her beauty course at college and then quit. Im flogging it for her so she can afford to come on holiday with meee!

Ooh send me a link if you can - I know a few people who might be interested :)
    Have done! Now get buying :P Tenerife/Benidorm here we come! hehe