Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Argh help please re 30th

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My sisters gonna be 30 next week and i have no idea what to get her.
I can only really afford about £30. I was gonna get her a sister pendant and necklace but i can't find one in silver, which is what she prefers.
It needs to be a little special.

Any ideas please people?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I always find Warren James do nice, unusual stuff at not outrageous prices, and they always have silver stuff. And there's one in Bristol.

http://www.warrenjames.co.uk/storeLocation.asp?StoreLetter=B

The stuff they show on the website is only a tiny part of their range btw.
    Does she like those kinda of necklaces? I think they're a bit it tacky but that's just my opinion. I saw white gold ones somewhere before but I cant remember where.

Is she into pampering and things like that, maybe treat her to a facial or something like that? Tell us more about her!
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    What about the sisters by heart willow tree figurine? I've got the brother and sister one and I'm not usually into ornaments but I reckon these are tasteful and special if given by a special person. The one on the above website is £17 - but you can buy them in gift/ornament shops too.
    I know you've mentioned jewellery, but how about doing something like a birthday book for her?

When my other half turned 30 last year I got all his friends and family to write special birthday messages (or type them), cut them out, stuck them onto cool backgrounds and put them in a scrapbook I got from Paperchase.
    Glittery wrote:
    Does she like those kinda of necklaces? I think they're a bit it tacky but that's just my opinion.

You mean the ones on the website? I did say it's only a tiny part of their range (and it seems to be the cheaper part too....) I got some more expensive stuff from there for Xmas and it's lovely.
    Miffy wrote:
    You mean the ones on the website?
    I think she ment the 'sister' 'mum' type things, and i have to say i would agree, i know i wouldn't wear something like that but then each to their own tastes and everything.
    make her a scrap book?

sure its cheap, but it would be home-made, thoughtful, and would bring back good childhood memories
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    How about a set of fake teeth? :p

(sorry, I couldn't not make my 30-is-old joke :o)
    **Helen** wrote:
    What about the sisters by heart willow tree figurine? I've got the brother and sister one and I'm not usually into ornaments but I reckon these are tasteful and special if given by a special person. The one on the above website is £17 - but you can buy them in gift/ornament shops too.

Willow Tree figures are gorgeous. The boyfriends mum collects them, and they compliment her living room colours so they look good, but i got one from the boyfriend for christmas, and it looks lovely in my room. :)
    Nikki* wrote:
    Willow Tree figures are gorgeous. The boyfriends mum collects them, and they compliment her living room colours so they look good, but i got one from the boyfriend for christmas, and it looks lovely in my room. :)

haha did the boyfriend nick it out of his mums front room and wrap it up (or put it in a carrier bag) and give it you as a present :p:lol:
    Glittery wrote:
    Does she like those kinda of necklaces? I think they're a bit it tacky but that's just my opinion. I saw white gold ones somewhere before but I cant remember where.

Is she into pampering and things like that, maybe treat her to a facial or something like that? Tell us more about her!

Yeah she does, i got her one a few years back and she lose it and was really bothered.
    She bought me one too.

As for the other suggestions i will take a look thanks.
    As for saying more about her, well we aren't as close as we were and i can't really tell you that much about her. As i don't know that much, how bad is that.
    Which is why i try to tell her how special she is by gifts etc. She appreciates it.
    It's a weird situation which i can't be arsed to go into here.
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    my aunt got my mom a picture of the two of them when they were 5 for her 30th birthday

she appreciated that. i say you get something a little more tied to memory
    Yep, a memory linked gift is always nice and thoughful. But can be difficult to find/do.
    http://www.crystalcavern.com/
    Go to "Gift Pendants"
    Quartz and Amethyst Gift Pendant <--- Really pretty

Not only are they in your price range but they also all carry different meanings but when it comes to looks I think the one I am pointing to looks really nice. It might not be the type of pendant your looking for, and I used to have a good site for whitegold/silver jewelry and pendants but my bookmarks somehow magically dissapeered so with a little searching I was able to find that :D. I still think you will not be dissapointed in checking out their selection though and reading the various meanings. I think they get prettier the further down you go. They all seem to have silver holds and the such.

Also dont rush getting the gift, even if you were a little late. A gift from the heart is better then a gift you did not have the time ot think about. Atleast with a gift from the heart you can give it to them with a real smile and enjoy the feeling they recieve when they open it, best feeling of all. :thumb:

I'll edit or post another message if I find that silver shop though, they had really nice stuff in silver(some with inexpensive but very pretty jewels on them).
    How did I miss the bit where it said "sister pendant"?!
    Miffy wrote:
    How did I miss the bit where it said "sister pendant"?!
    Haha, yeah it was those kind of necklaces I meant, not the ones on the website you posted :)
    Thanks everyone, i decided to go for a locket in the end as it looks really nice.
    Also got another little thing i know she will like.
    good good, it all works out nicely in the end!
    ashlee wrote:
    haha did the boyfriend nick it out of his mums front room and wrap it up (or put it in a carrier bag) and give it you as a present :p:lol:
    Haha no, hers is still there :)
    Nikki* wrote:
    Haha no, hers is still there :)

Phew!