Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Orange broadband

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone know if any good or not?
We are thinking of changing to them as they are only £2 per month more than what we pay now and you get unlimited free phone calls with them. The £19.99 option.

Comments

• Options
    Out of the free/ultra-cheap broadband providers, yes. I'd say Orange would be the best one. They have Freeserve/Wanadoo's Infrastructure and a large established customer base. They give you the livebox, and it's fairly straight-forward to setup. Not sure about customer support as I've never had to ring them.

They'll be better than talktalk eitherway
  • Options
    Cheers, Chris is gonna ask the woman at work about it too as they have it too.
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    Anyone know if any good or not?
    We are thinking of changing to them as they are only £2 per month more than what we pay now and you get unlimited free phone calls with them. The £19.99 option.

Next door Neighbour uses them and says it slows down a lot after 4pm
  • Options
    Next door Neighbour uses them and says it slows down a lot after 4pm

But compared to adsl it can't slow down THAT much can it?
  • Options
    Does slow down, my next door neighbour has it free with her mobile contract..

she told me it says between certain times it can be used, confusing but im assuming it slows down after specified times
  • Options
    I have it and i find it really good.
    Their customer support is great as they are always on hand to help out. I have been with them since it was originally freeserve then wanadoo and now orange and i have noticed no difference in service.
    I don't get mine free though as don't have a contract phone but think my mum pays £17.99 a month or something similar.
  • Options
    yeah part of the reason my NDN gets those times is because she doesnt pay anything, we almost went with them lastime we were changing but weve gone with pipex instead