Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Sleeping

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anybody have an issue with sleeping?

Tonight I have felt the need to post because I got in bed an hour ago feeling very sleepy and just couldn't get to sleep. I don't know if its because of thoughts on my mind, I tend to think alot about life when i get into bed - you probably think thats random- never mind. After an hour ive come back on the pc feeling totally wide awake and started watching the end of the film i was falling asleep through.

Is that just weird, is there something I can do to stop this.

Comments

• Options
    i had/ occasionally have the same issue. play some very soft music (or reliant k, that puts me to sleep for some reason) and just try not to think. thinking will keep you up till the time you have to wake up.
  • Options
    Try not to go on the PC just before bed because that can over stimulate you and leads to lots of thinking just before bed. Have you tried reading or a relaxing bath?
  • Options
    Pjs wrote:
    Try not to go on the PC just before bed because that can over stimulate you and leads to lots of thinking just before bed. Have you tried reading or a relaxing bath?

Thnx for the advice, reading might really help actually.:)
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I wouldnt recommend anything like Herbal Nytol...I was having problems sleeping, and had to take 4! I was still awake after them!

If after a hot drink, bath etc you still cant sleep, normal nytol seem to do the trick for me.