Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Approaching people

If you were out and saw someone fit, would you go upto them and give them your number/talk to them? Not as in a bar or a club, just out an about.

I always see the fittest people driving. It's so annoying.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    LacyMay wrote:
    me too!!

no i don't approach people randomly in the street. i've had it done to me a few times and they're never good looking :s and its always awkward because you don't know what the fuck to say.

worst is when you do see someone fit and you both stare at each other as you walk past... this happened about 6months ago and i decided i would double take him i.e. we stare, walk past then a few seconds later turn around to look at him again. he did exactly the same and but then carried on walking. wimp :grump:
    I usually start giving them the eye. 2 drinks later I start pouting.....2 more drinks.....sticking my fried eggs out.....3 more I'm practically grinding on his leg and he's still not noticed me even though now he has a wet patch!
    I sometimes exchange glances and a mutual smile with nice girls I see walking down the street, but I'd never, ever, ever have the balls to do anything about it :blush:
    VinylVicky wrote:
    I usually start giving them the eye. 2 drinks later I start pouting.....2 more drinks.....sticking my fried eggs out.....3 more I'm practically grinding on his leg and he's still not noticed me even though now he has a wet patch!

awesome...

anyway in answer to your question, I probably wouldn't. I would get tongue tied.
    a few mates and me used to talk other groups/girls/dudes up just for shits and giggles, and sometimes just to have a bigger group and went out together, but me alone vs a girl on the street and the first thing I do is give out my number? no.

It might be easier as a girl towards a boy, but the other way round you prolly have a suit for molestation quick.
    My guy mate has done that before when I was in town with him. I just stood there looking like a lemon :rolleyes:

But he is exceptionally outgoing, and possibly a little bit on the man-whore side. I think you'd have to have a lot of guts and self confidence to do something like that.
    My guy mate has done that before when I was in town with him. I just stood there looking like a lemon :rolleyes:

But he is exceptionally outgoing, and possibly a little bit on the man-whore side. I think you'd have to have a lot of guts and self confidence to do something like that.
    if its a guy, ill go up, chill with him, join his crew or whatever.

if its a girl thats another story. id probobly just stop and stare until she talks to me, which doesnt happen often:no:
    Heyoka wrote:
    if its a guy, ill go up, chill with him, join his crew or whatever.

if its a girl thats another story. id probobly just stop and stare until she talks to me, which doesnt happen often:no:

Aww your only 14.
    awesome...

anyway in answer to your question, I probably wouldn't. I would get tongue tied.

Honestly, men. :p And No I wouldnt do it, drunk, sober or whatever, I dont have the balls to approach someone I like.
    LacyMay wrote:
    Yeah, and are they always in a Lexus or Merc? I think I might know the reason why you always see the fittest people driving. :p
    Noo I couldn't. I'd look and smile and maybe have eye sex.
    I lack the self confidence to do that, unless I'm wasted.
    pill 'ed wrote:
    I lack the self confidence to do that, unless I'm wasted.

That's right...
    Moreoever is it always the stupid self-doubt "will it work, how will she react?"
    If there is in fact that what Rach stated, that there is almost sparks in the air, because of the current in the air of having eye contact for several seconds constantly for the last 15 minutes, it's just a question of "who gives in earlier." :P
    StrubbleS wrote:
    That's right...
    Moreoever is it always the stupid self-doubt "will it work, how will she react?"
    If there is in fact that what Rach stated, that there is almost sparks in the air, because of the current in the air of having eye contact for several seconds constantly for the last 15 minutes, it's just a question of "who gives in earlier." :P

Even if there are blatant sparks then I still can't approach a girl first unless I'm intoxicated.
    pill 'ed wrote:
    Even if there are blatant sparks then I still can't approach a girl first unless I'm intoxicated.

yea, that was the premise of course :P
    Try to get your friends to dare you. for 10 quid or a 2 pints of cider. That's always a motivation to, I found :)
    StrubbleS wrote:
    yea, that was the premise of course :P
    Try to get your friends to dare you. for 10 quid or a 2 pints of cider. That's always a motivation to, I found :)

Haha, good idea mate :)
    If I know that a girl likes me for certain, as in she has told me herself or she has told someone that I trust who has told me, then yeah I can approach her. But as you said, it's the fear of self-doubt. I need to be 100% certain because I fear being rejected and humiliated more than anything else.
    yeah I never do owt.

I see plenty of good looking girls, working in a uni and going into a big city regular but as for giving out my number or owt like that, forget it.

I may try and catch a girls eye as she walks past and smile but thats rarely returned :(

I have on occassiona, chatted to a girl at a bus stop if is juts me an dher there but that never gets more then conversation unfortunately :(

I'd love it if a girl double took me out on the street but most girls seem to be with their bfs or in a hurry to notice me lol.
    pill 'ed wrote:
    Haha, good idea mate :)
    If I know that a girl likes me for certain, as in she has told me herself or she has told someone that I trust who has told me, then yeah I can approach her. But as you said, it's the fear of self-doubt. I need to be 100% certain because I fear being rejected and humiliated more than anything else.

That's it. And I even HAD that happening, so the fear is nothing unsubstantial, but that's the prize of being the superior sex.

;) I'm just kidding. Don't give me shit.
    moist girls seem to be with their bfs or in a hurry

I love you for that.

aww, you edited it out :p freudian slip deluxe
    It's very brave if you approach someone in public, I'd never be able to muster the courage and confidence to do that. On the other hand, I'd be very shocked if someone approached me. Over here, in the bus, we never choose single seats when there are two together who are free.

You walk in a tram in the morning, don't be surprised if you find everyone sitting alone through the entire tram :D
    If I walk past a girl that I think is fit I will usually try and catch her eye and smile...I love watching the reactions.

If I get a smile in return I'll look back as well.

However I don't think I have ever or would ever approach a girl at random like that without an excuse for starting up a conversation. Would just be a bit odd in my eyes.
    I've never done this because I'm too shy.
    Yeah, and are they always in a Lexus or Merc? I think I might know the reason why you always see the fittest people driving. :p

Not that i know of. They're usually in vans :p

A bloke that served me in a shop gave me his number once, he was kinda sweet but i figured that he must be some sort of nutter or something so didn't call him.

3yxi1zk.jpg
    VinylVicky wrote:

funny
    Way I met my first proper boyfriend, approaching him in the street. I think I lost the bravado to do that somewhere along the way.
    LacyMay wrote:
    A bloke that served me in a shop gave me his number once, he was kinda sweet but i figured that he must be some sort of nutter or something so didn't call him.

The nutter that used to work in the nearby Tescos gave me his number once, that went straight in the bin!
    well I hope you ain't complaining one day of not getting any, when you reject nice people like that who had the cojones to even do such a thing.
    StrubbleS wrote:
    well I hope you ain't complaining one day of not getting any, when you reject nice people like that who had the cojones to even do such a thing.

If your referring to me then you can fuck off.
    LacyMay wrote:
    If your referring to me then you can fuck off.

This sort of speech is not ok.