Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Valentines Day - Whats the most romantic thing ....

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    For your information, The whole point of Valentines day is to show the person you love how much you love them! AND I AINT REJECTING EVERYONES IDEAS I ENT REJECT ANYONES THANKS![/B]

no...

you don't need a special day for that. Your partner should be able to tell if you love him or not, regardless if february 14th is near or not. You don't need to "show how much you love him" on that day, in fact if that's the only day of the year to do it, then it'd be a sorry relationship.

Do something fun, luvvy wuvvy (quoting others) is cool for girls but *yawn* for boys.
    For your information, The whole point of Valentines day is to show the person you love how much you love them! AND I AINT REJECTING EVERYONES IDEAS I ENT REJECT ANYONES THANKS![/B]

Funny, I thought it was more an excuse for Clinton Cards to make a killing and for restaurants to hike up their prices.

The Wikipedia entry on Valentine's Day is quite interesting.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentine's_Day
    pah1986 wrote:
    So wait...he's the sensitive type and he would appreciate a teddy bear....but you're the one organising Valentine's Day?

If he really was all "wuvvy duvvy" he'd be the one setting up stuff to do Valentines Day. If he's not, I agree with the he eats meat then you eat meat offer.

But if you're going to be all defensve and "wuvvy duvvy" then do something ORIGINAL. Meals and hotels and all that bollocks should be thrown out the window. You want to do something personal, that gets a bit of a laugh.

For example, I steal a few flowers (from the garden, not the florists) and get her her fave choccie bar. It gets a grin and it's more personal. It's very important that you have previously purchased Thorntons and roses or it looks like you're a tight bastard.

Then I take her somewhere original, but again more personal like somewhere we went when we were first going out. Perhaps the local park, the youth detention centre or the spot you first went dogging. Wherever, just make it personal and walk around hand in hand and chat about deep stuff. It's the only day of the year you're allowed to. We're men, after all.

Then I'd cook a meal, nothing special because again it's too gay. Something that's nice, perhaps a nod towards her favourite dish but no candles or bullshit. I want to make her laugh, make her remember the good times we've had and realise I'm an original, funny, sentimental, god-like person not a twat who buys a Milk Tray and twelve roses, books a meal in a packed restaurant (you did spell it wrong) and thinks she'll be impressed. That takes about three minutes of thought.

You want to make it look like you've actually thought about what you're going to do, what you're going to buy, where you're going to go etc.

Commerical wuvvy-duvvy: bad. Original, well thought out, sentimental thought out: good.

I Really want us to have a whole day together where one of us cook a meal and we just spend the whole day together but its ard cause we both live at home with our parents and its really hard, the only way around it is to book a b&b or hotel room, and eat starwberries ect ,....
    What can we do?
    What can we do?
    the only way around it is to book a b&b or hotel room, and eat starwberries ect

Question - Answer
    Question - Answer

The Only thing this time of the year everyones already booked them up! :(
    At least you're spending valentines day with your other half. :(
    Ballerina wrote:
    At least you're spending valentines day with your other half. :(

You're in two halves? :eek2:
    What do you think he'd like then?

If you're going to go down the lovey dovey route, then you need to think about what he'd like. Not what blokes in general like, but what he's going to like. None of us have the answer, put some thought into it.

My ex surprised me by buying me a teddy, a card and cooking me a nice meal, which came as a total surprise because she'd been in almighty huff over god knows what for days beforehand. You could do that if you can't think of anything, pretend to go in a huff and enjoy making up on the day.

The sex that night was pretty goddam amazing aswell if memory serves :angel:
    For your information, The whole point of Valentines day is to show the person you love how much you love them!

Well that's silly. You should show the person you love how much you love them every day, not just because it's the 14th of February.
    Well that's silly. You should show the person you love how much you love them every day, not just because it's the 14th of February.

i show him all the time in loads a different ways!
    But I want to suprise him!
    i show him all the time in loads a different ways!
    But I want to suprise him!

Go for the poetry, you can't lose.
    I dunno, nothing says love like a teddy bear with an "I heart you" motto.
    When I lived at home my parents would buy us kids those little hearts filled with chocolate... shame 99% of them taste like shit. :( I'd steal the carmel ones out of the siblings.
    yep - very handy when you're busy :p

:lol: :thumb:
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    A romantic date to Ormskirk.

Genius! I shall sew one to simba and give him to myslef. Oh :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:
    Poor Simba, I hope you will give him some sort of anaesthetic first otherwise that could be painful :p
    or even worse... when an ex bought me a teddy from the 'bear factory' and recorded a voice message on it. itmade me cringe so bad, it was the soppiest sickly message ugh! i found it in my cupbaord last year and wanted to hack the recording box out!
    My ex got me a card that said "To my fiance", which puzzled me slightly, turns out cos hes dyslexic he didn't know what it said. What made it even worse was that not only did it play Barry White when you opened it, but it had a really soppy message inside that he later admitted had been written by his mum cos he didn't know what to say :lol:
    LacyMay wrote:
    My ex got me a card that said "To my fiance", which puzzled me slightly, turns out cos hes dyslexic he didn't know what it said. What made it even worse was that not only did it play Barry White when you opened it, but it had a really soppy message inside that he later admitted had been written by his mum cos he didn't know what to say :lol:

At least he made the effort. I'm sure he was happy when he realized how your true appreciation towards it is.
    LacyMay wrote:
    :lol: thats really funny!

this same ex came up with the idea of buying yet another teddy for each other and spraying it with our own perfume/aftershave for when i went away to uni so we always had a reminder of each other. he used to send me love letters too. i remember replying to his and having to make loads of it up because i just didn't feel as strongly for him as he did for me. and im not that soppy anyway. i decided to make mine fun and draw rude pictures in it. but i forgot to put his name on the envelope so his mum opened it and saw :eek:
    For your information, The whole point of Valentines day is to show the person you love how much you love them!

And a shop bought teddy bear does that...how, exactly?

I'm a happily married man, teaching me about how to love is like teaching your grandma to suck eggs. For your information.

That said, though, my idea of a perfect Valentine's Day card is:

_41323592_asda203.jpg

What can I say, I'm from Yorkshire.
    the nicest thing i ever got was a framed picture of me and her, with the ticket to the movie we went to our first date on. i thought it was real sweet.

the nicest tihng i ever gave was this little Tigger music box that she absolutely adored this one day we were walking through town. i went through hell and high water for it, but it was all worth it. she loved it

i later took her home, and instead of going out, i cooked for her

haha she was amazed at my ability to prepare a meal other than hot pockets and microaved french fries.
    Haven't really thought about it. We won't be together anyway, so dunno, might send her a box of chocolates in the post haha
    Kermit wrote:
    _41323592_asda203.jpg

What can I say, I'm from Yorkshire.

Yorkstralia.

Anyway, you wouldn't shop at a Leeds supermarket, would you? ;)
    think what you fuckin want n im not giving him a blowjob for valentines day

Aww, poor deprived fiance! You will for March 14th, right?

(although I must point out that despite my promotion of 'Steak & BJ' day, my other half enjoys both steaks and blowjobs a lot more than once a year!)

Seriously though, Kermit's dead-on, making a huge fuss on Valentines day simply because convention teaches that is the day for getting all lovey and buying expensive cards is missing the point of what love should be all about. My boyfriend tends to go a touch overboard with chocolates, occasionally flowers and the odd stuffed toy or two, but generally I think that Feb 14th is a nice excuse to go out for a meal (preferably on another night in the week when the restaurants aren't all chrging triple prices) and, whilst all very sweet, I don't see the presents as important or even necessary.

And my boyfriend would be absolutely mortified if I made the mistake of getting him a teddy bear for any occasion. But each to their own...
    lipsy wrote:
    i don't think you should go for a meal. i've ben out for meals on valentines day and the whole thing just feels contrived and unoriginal. the best thing you could do is either:

or if you have a house to yourself, stay in, cook him a meal, drink wine followed by a looooong night of passion :razz:

If you we're to stay at home and cook for him, you could buy some new sexy underwear and wear it while your cooking up his favourite dinner :eek: ..... I wonder if he'd manage to finish it before he pounces on you :naughty: