Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Ab toning belts

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
eg slendertone flex's and similar products

Anyone ever used one? or know someone who has?

Are they any good?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Do sit ups, You lazy git
    icey wrote:
    eg slendertone flex's and similar products

Anyone ever used one? or know someone who has?

Are they any good?

I tried one that my brother bought (lazy fecker). They do have some effect, but I don't believe they're anywhere near as effective as a proper ab workout...

Also - this may not be the case with you, but you could have the most magnificent abs, but if they're hidden under a layer of flab, you'll never know. No amount of sit-ups will shift body-fat... You need to do cardio for that.
    I've got pretty decent abs as it is, i do various excersises at the gym 3 or 4 times a week but i just wondered if it was worth getting a belt for the days i dont go or even to use afterwards, would it make the 'v' more defined?
    At the moment i've got more of a boxers stomach - muscles are strong and visible but its hardly 'wow'.
    What i'm after is the abs of steel and the loverly toned v shape
    what is the proper name for the 'v'?
    icey wrote:
    I've got pretty decent abs as it is, i do various excersises at the gym 3 or 4 times a week but i just wondered if it was worth getting a belt for the days i dont go or even to use afterwards, would it make the 'v' more defined?
    At the moment i've got more of a boxers stomach - muscles are strong and visible but its hardly 'wow'.
    What i'm after is the abs of steel and the loverly toned v shape
    A lot of us can only dream :lol:

I would settle for being defined, since most girls I know don't like the whole "rock hard abs of steel" thing.
  • smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    I used to use a Ab belt, although it can work its not as good as doing situps and good cardio. If you do decide to get one then i suggest using it on full intensity, it caines the batteries though
    When u actually use one do you feel anything whilst its on and how long does it take before you can notice any difference to your abs?
    It's quite a strange sensation when you first use it. It's kind of like being lightly pricked by pins whilst having a strange type of muscle spasm.

I never really noticed any difference to my abs. As someone said, if, like me, you've got a layer of flab over the top, you're never going to see them.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.
    Thanks .. no worries. I just didnt know what it would be like. I thought it might just feel like something vibrating against it but I guess not.
  • smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    I think it spasms your muscle with electricity, so your muscle is moving all the time hence working it out. It is a strange sensation but you easily get used to it.
    mate these are a complete load of shit.

Sit-ups, weighted sit-ups, crunches etc.

If you want the 'V' more defined.. then lose more bodyfat :)
    To get that V at the bottom of the abdominals, you need to do leg lifts and other things that bring the lower abs into play.

Always do these after doing your upper and oblique exercises as you'll isolate them more...
    fernandes wrote: »
    im really worried about my fig, so i was thinking of using belt whn i dont go in the gym,,can u plz tell me if its gona be harmfull ,if i do both gym and use abs belt
    well i got a hanging belly ,and m only 18 yrs old,i do exersises at the gym 3 times a week but i just wonderd if it was worth getting a belt for the day i dont go or even to use afterwards would it make the "v" more defined?
    ive got really verry big tummy ,what im after is the abs of steel and lovely tones v shape
    im really worried about my fig , so i was thinking of using belt whn i dont go in the gym , can u plz tell me if its gona be harmfull, if i do both gym and use abs belt?
    Dont bother mate, i went and bought one and i've only used it twice. its a load of shit. 20 minutes of using the belt just feels like an incredibly light workout using barely any muscle. i highly doubt it is actually working.
    Best thing is just drink a lot of water, eat the right foods/get the right nutrients and train correctly.
This discussion has been closed.