Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Birmingham Club

BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I am organising a hen night, and have been given specific instructions to find a night club near Broad Street....having only ever been to Brum to go shopping, I have not got a sausage where to look for.

It needs to be a smallish club, i.e. not some huge, 5 floors, £50 to get in kind of affair. Somewhere we can have a giggle, not get trampled on, or stabbed!!

All suggestions will be GREATLY received!

merci!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    well there are loads...what sort of music do you want?

You could just go on a bar crawl as there are more bars than actual clubs.

Avoid the works.

For a hen party I'd probably suggest somewhere like Flares or Reflex... if you're into that sort of cheesey thing!
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Ooh Flares, we had one of them in Liverpool....I loved it!

I dont know if she will. I like music like that, and pretty much any cheese, but she is into R & B, so do you know anywhere that does a mixture?

Are these all walkable (in heels!) to Broad Street? In fact, is Broad Street a street where lots of bars are on, or is it just off a street where lots of bars are? or am completely barking up the wrong tree here?
    Broad Street is basically a strip of bars and clubs, all within staggering distance. Flares and Reflex are practically next door to each other.

Hmmm RnB well Lloyds plays a bit, or Rococo or Risa.

You might like Risa actually, it's quite big though but is made up of all different rooms playing different kinds of music, eg dance downstairs, cheese, RnB, etc.

I haven't been for ages but it costs about £5-£8 to get in or free before a certain time. So you could go round some bars and then go there. Or ring up and get on guest list and say you're on a hen night.
    PussyKatty wrote:
    Or ring up and get on guest list and say you're on a hen night.
    Thats the plan! See if we can wangle some freebies!! I shall try this Risa, and see what they say.

Just out of interest, why do you say to avoid the Works?
    Try mechu or apres on summer row off bottom end of broad street...
    the works is shit!
    You could try gayland :D Nightingale and DV8 are quite good, though not been to DV8 for a while. They had a cracking dance floor.
    Broad street sucks donkey dick .. if you wanna be surrounded by a bunch of fucking dickheads go there .. i suggest the Arcadian instead :D
    GoodFella wrote:
    Broad street sucks donkey dick .. if you wanna be surrounded by a bunch of fucking dickheads go there .. i suggest the Arcadian instead :D

It's not that bad. The girl is going on a hen night! I prefer the Arcadian but I wouldn't want to go there on my hen night.
    Broad Street is okay once in a while. I used to go there with a mate once a year and that way you never get bored of it. Well, I say that but actually we did it twice and then the novelty wore off.

We stayed in the Premier Lodge at one end of the road (near Five Ways I think) and then walked as far to the other end of the road as we could in our heels at the beginning of the night, got some food and were then up for dancing. We did the 70s and 80s places until about 11 and then decided to go home - we went out far too early and didn't pace ourselves. As it was, we then stopped off at every bar along the road that would let us in for free or for less than a fiver and had a drink to rest our weary feet. I think that we eventually staggered in at about 4:30. It was a great night. I think that we ended up in that Risa place someone mentioned - nice outdoor terrace where you can watch the drunken people go by.
    RubberSkin wrote:
    You could try gayland :D Nightingale and DV8 are quite good, though not been to DV8 for a while. They had a cracking dance floor.
    I would love to do the gay scene, I miss going out in Liverpool's, but I dont think it is quite the place for a hen night!! :p

Goodfella wrote:
    Broad street sucks donkey dick .. if you wanna be surrounded by a bunch of fucking dickheads go there .. i suggest the Arcadian instead

We have to go around Broad Street, thats where the hotel is...or you could put us all up at yours ;)
    Loopi wrote:
    we went out far too early and didn't pace ourselves.

This is what I am worried about, we will have been drinking for the majority of the day, I know what I am like, and Ill be lucky if I make it to a club!
    Bunnie wrote:

We have to go around Broad Street, thats where the hotel is...or you could put us all up at yours ;)

I only have a single bed ;) whos the lucky lady gonna be? ;):p
    GoodFella wrote:
    I only have a single bed ;) whos the lucky lady gonna be? ;):p
    how much floor space do you have? do you have a garden...we could maybe camp!
    Bunnie wrote:
    how much floor space do you have? do you have a garden...we could maybe camp!

We've discussed this ;)