Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

in the spirit of rocky balboa...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
which rocky film do you think is the best?

i was having a rather heated discussion with my friend yesterday about which is the best and we still differ in our opinions, i think it is rocky 4, followed by rocky's 3, then 1, 2 and then 5, but i havent seen rocky balboa yet

but my friend thought it was rocky one, so, what do you think?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    rocky balboa is pants, even worse than 5.....i like the one where he fights Mr T for pure comedy, although the best fight is probably against that russian dude, whatever his name is....
    good call!

ivan drago by the way :D
    The first one is the only genuinely really good film. The others are entertaining, but that's all.
    id have to agree with you there

but its still a bit of a boring movie and the otheres have mr t, hulk hogan AND james brown, what more does a series need?!?!
    Haven't seen the new one but rocky 4 is the best for me. Pure propaganda but it's a laugh. :shocking:
    The first one is the only genuinely really good film. The others are entertaining, but that's all.

Did you know Stallone wrote the script to the first one?

He had nothing in the bank and was offered $75,000 for the script, he kept turning them down even when it got to $250,000 .. insisting he wanted to be the star of the movie .. the rest is history.

Correct. The others are alright, if you take them for what they are (although I thought 'Rocky 4: Rocky wins the Cold War' was maybe a step to far!) but number one is a proper film...
    Either the first or Rocky Balboa, both were superb.
    Jim V wrote:
    Either the first or Rocky Balboa, both were superb.

Yeah, I give the new one the thumbs up... :yes:
    First was the best film, 2nd, 3rd and 4th were all very very entertaining. 5th was shite! Not seen Balboa
    My fave is the original and I've always had a soft spot for Rocky 4. Rocky Balboa is pretty damn good though, too :thumb:
    Did you know Stallone wrote the script to the first one?

He had nothing in the bank and was offered $75,000 for the script, he kept turning them down even when it got to $250,000 .. insisting he wanted to be the star of the movie .. the rest is history.
    Didn't they want Burt Reynolds to play Rocky? That's what I heard anyway. It's a great film, but it's still shocking that it won the Best Film oscar ahead of Taxi Driver. Although since it's the oscars, maybe not that shocking.
    briggi wrote:
    My fave is the original and I've always had a soft spot for Rocky 4. Rocky Balboa is pretty damn good though, too :thumb:

"He's cut! The Russian's cut! And it's a bad cut! Now it's Rocky Balboa taking it to the Russian!"

Rocky four was very good, first time i saw it as a ickle kid i cried when Apollo was killed.

Though i think Clubber Lang might have been the best opponent!

"I don't hate Balboa, I pitty the fool!"
    hahaha awsome lines, one ofmy personal favourites is:

"so clubber, what do you predict for the fight? ......pain"
    and the obvious classics, "you will lose":ivan drago and "i must break you": also ivasn drago
    "Get up you son of a bitch 'cause Mickey loves you"

"If he dies, he dies."

"You knock him down how 'bout tryin' knockin' me down."

"My ring's outside."

"Do you have a criminal record?" "Nothing worth braggin' about."

"You're gonna eat lightning, you're gonna crap thunder."

"Your nose is broken." "How does it look?" "An improvement."

And let's not forget Eye of the Tiger. :D