Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Well, saw the new Rocky last night...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
And I thought it was very good. Was like a throw back to the first two movies, in that he was the underdog from the backstreets again. That's as much as I'll say for the benefit of those yet to see it, but I liked...! :thumb:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Yeah i went to see it too.

Dragged on a bit thought up until the training and the actual fight. The training could have gone on a bit longer and i was waiting for a certain something at the end which didn't happen but atleast it wasn't unpredictable.
  • Options
    Just tell everyone the ending why dont ya! And I don't think it did drag. It had a story whereas the last couple were just two hours of him doing training to cheesy 80's rock songs...
  • Options
    Just tell everyone the ending why dont ya!

Iv edited it just for you, is that better?

ETA You'll have to delete the quote from your post :P
  • Options
    squeal wrote:
    Iv edited it just for you, is that better?

ETA You'll have to delete the quote from your post :P

:p
  • Options
    I thought it was class :D
  • Options
    So what's the story behind the new one.
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    So what's the story behind the new one.

Well, basically, this Boxing show on TV does a computer simulated fight between Balboa and the current heavy weight champ and Balboa wins. So the current champ's agents approach Balboa for a fight. Because he's still all wound up about Adrian dying and that, he decides to fight, and for a start everyone thinks he's nuts and it puts him off a bit. But then this other women he's been flirting about with gives him the good ol' motivational speach, then his son quits his job and Paulie loses his job and they give him their support and help him train and it's just like good old Rocky! Besides all that, there's quite a bit of sadness and desperation in the first hour because of Adrian's death and the frail relationship with his son etc and Rocky is this time the underdog, so it feels a lot like the first film...
  • Options
    Isn't it painful though watching an old man fight? I saw the trailer for it and he looked like he was about to keel over.
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    Isn't it painful though watching an old man fight? I saw the trailer for it and he looked like he was about to keel over.

I found it really frustrating when Dixon kept punching and punching him and Rocky kept missing or not bothering to fight back at times, i just wanted him to show him who's boss and i could have shouted at the screen it was annoying me that much.
  • Options
    i head this was amazing, though i havent gotten a chance to see it yet.

i should go before its not in theaters anymore:crying: