Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Fucking grim

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So my mates ended up in Wetherspoons today and I joined them and bought a meal, for me a vegetarian five bean chilli.

I was starving after swimming and ate some ofthe 'five bean chilli' I'd ordered, only to realise after I'd started eating it that it had meat in it...

I feel sick... I know I am a vegetarian for my own reasons, but if i were a Buddhist, Hindu or Jain it must have been so much worse.

I still feel ill hours later. :sour:

Fucking disgusting.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :(

Have some water to wash it down maybe? Guess it doesn't help. Can't begin to imagine tho... you have my sympathy.
    Was it not Quorn? :eek2:
    Was it all made of meat or just a few sly chunks? That's well not on. I bought a veg spring roll from adsas once and it had chicken in it. I went mad!
    Well as long as the meat didn't go to waste.
    you are ill, because you are talking yourself into it.
    kangoo wrote:
    Was it all made of meat or just a few sly chunks? That's well not on. I bought a veg spring roll from adsas once and it had chicken in it. I went mad!
    No, it was beef chilli, they made a mistake.

Fuck's sake... Maybe I should complain.

Yeah definatly.
    but if i were a Buddhist, Hindu or Jain it must have been so much worse.
    I thought you were a buddhist? :confused:
    bluewisdom wrote:
    I thought you were a buddhist? :confused:
    Currently studying Buddhism yeah, but I meant more like if you were odrained and practicing hardcore... But then would a Buddhist really sue somebody?
    Currently studying Buddhism yeah, but I meant more like if you were odrained and practicing hardcore... But then would a Buddhist really sue somebody?
    Ah, I get what you meant now ;) .
    Don't really see a buddhist sueing anyone tbh, but then... what do they do when they feel angry about something which is unfair, or feel they have been wronged for some reason?

(I'm just asking out of ignorance).
    bluewisdom wrote:
    Ah, I get what you meant now ;) .
    Don't really see a buddhist sueing anyone tbh, but then... what do they do when they feel angry about something which is unfair, or feel they have been wronged for some reason?

(I'm just asking out of ignorance).
    I think it depends really (like I say I'm still learning). If something is unfair and you can change it then work towards it, if you can't change it then accept it.

It's important not to act out of hatred or spite.
    Mmh, it makes sense, thanks. :)

Anyway, back on topic, I think you should complain to the place. :yes:

Did you not take it back there and then? I've done that before when my ceaser salad (not advertised with bacon, and after I'd checked with the chef that the sauce was veggie) came with bacon on, and the other million times my food has arrived containing the flesh of a dead animal. They're normally mortified and manage to rustle you up another meal in 20 seconds, despite the first one taking 40 minutes to make. If you didn't say anything at the time its unlikely they will do anything now because you should really have taken it back at the time
    Why didn't you complain then and there? Surely you didn't sit there with a dish you'd paid for but couldn't eat?!

It isn't really fair, and you should have at the very least got your money back.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix

Do it.

That really is a disgrace, as you said - had it been a religious choice, this could have been far worse. It is still a disgrace that. Generall staff incompetence.
    Surely though you can't go back and complain? You should have done it there and then.

Unless you say you got food poisoning from it...
    Yes I think really the moment to complain has passed now.
    Yep, you have no proof it happened. I really can't believe you didn't complain instantly!
    I'd still let them know though, just to try and stop it happening in future.
    Write a strongly worded letter of complaint to the manager.

I've written to a restaurant to complain after the event about a night there, they apologised and gave me a £30 voucher (I hadn't been meat poisoned though).
    Yerascrote wrote:
    Well as long as the meat didn't go to waste.

True.

How can someone not notice that a meals got meat in it?! I don't know about anyone else but i tend to look at my food before eating it.
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    LacyMay wrote:
    True.

How can someone not notice that a meals got meat in it?! I don't know about anyone else but i tend to look at my food before eating it.

:yes:

I like to know what I am eating tbh, it usually helps to have a nosey first.
    I was vegetarian for years, I can easily tell the difference between quorn and beef...looks and taste.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I don't really understand why you didn't complain at the time?

If I get something I didn't order then I speak to the waiter, they are normally apologetic and it gets fixed there and then. I won't sit with something I didn't order, particulary if I wouldn't eat it.
    I don't really understand why you didn't complain at the time?

If I get something I didn't order then I speak to the waiter, they are normally apologetic and it gets fixed there and then. I won't sit with something I didn't order, particulary if I wouldn't eat it.
    I did and they appologised and brought a new one. It was really hot, but definately veggie.
    Ok, so you complained at the time, and now you're writing about what happened. Gotcha.

Was terribly confused for a while there... :p
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Ok, so you complained at the time, and now you're writing about what happened. Gotcha.

Was terribly confused for a while there... :p
    What did you think? That when she found out, the first thing she did was set a laptop on the table and come here to tell us? :p