Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Mock the Week

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
As this is starting again tonight on BBC 2 does any one else watch it? I think its really funny, they tend to get a good mix of stand-ups on.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I love it but I won't be watching it tonight!
  • Options
  • Options
    Franky Boyle - genius
  • Options
  • Options
    Yeah I watch it. It's one of the few programmes that can actually make me laugh out loud.
  • Options
    Argh! i missed it and didnt sky+ it either :(
  • Options
    It's repeated on Saturday on BBC2 at 22:55.
  • Options
    Hah, what a programme. Never fails to make me laugh!
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    Franky Boyle - genius
    He is, gets away with saying a lot of things. I nearly died laughing at the comment he made about the Queen last night. Wouldn't make much sense out of context on a message board. I like Russell Howard and Mark Watson as well, both of them make me laugh out loud a lot on that show.
  • Options
    I saw it briefly in the last series and didn't think much of it, but i watched it again last night and i have never laughed so much in my life!
  • Options
    I agree it is incredibly funny, but does it not come across as very scripted?
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    I agree it is incredibly funny, but does it not come across as very scripted?
    Some bits, perhaps. But certainly some bits aren't. E.g when they do their own headlines bit towards the ends.
  • Options
    I think for some of the topical bits they might already given the panals the questions before hand so they arn't caught out when filming. The end 'headlines' bit cant be scripted, some of the stuff they say is outrageous.
  • Options
    One of the few comedy programmes on the BBC at the moment that actually makes me laugh. I caught the repeat on Saturday night myself. I couldn't stop laughing. Normally, this is a good thing, but not when I've just downed a pretty strong vodka. My cackling like a hyena began to worry the dogs at one point.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    Franky Boyle - genius

Nah, David Mitchell is the genius on that show.
  • Options
    I like the young guy from Bristol...but i feel so sorry for him...he always seems so intimidated by the other guys.
  • Options
    Bullseye wrote:
    I like the young guy from Bristol...but i feel so sorry for him...he always seems so intimidated by the other guys.
    Russel Howard? He is very funny but does seem to get intimidated sometimes.
  • Options
    dara o'brian is one of the funniest men ever, and that guy (not sure of his name) who went on about prince charlse killing diana "daddy, why do you smell of break fluid?" absolute comedy genius!
  • Options
    Bullseye wrote:

:heart: russell howard :heart:

he has a show on bbc 6 music on Sunday mornings if you're interested and on you tube there is are a couple good films of his stand-up on there.
  • Options
    leese wrote:
    :heart: russell howard :heart:

he has a show on bbc 6 music on Sunday mornings if you're interested and on you tube there is are a couple good films of his stand-up on there.

I :heart: Russell Howard as well. I keep looking out for him doing stand-up round my area, but I havent seen anything yet.
  • Options
    I saw the repeat and I've never laughed so much!
  • Options
    I :heart: Russell Howard as well. I keep looking out for him doing stand-up round my area, but I havent seen anything yet.

he's on tour at the mo have a look here - http://www.russell-howard.co.uk/index.php

and chortle.co.uk is also excellent for searching for comedy gigs
  • Options
    fantastic programme the scottish dude is the greatest, frankie boyle i think his name is