Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Viva Pinata

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
Ok, I bought the game yesterday and am really getting into it.

Got a couple problems however such as my pinatas keep fighting, I rarely attract any new ones and keep attracting those damn bats and snails that eat the seeds. Also could use some gardening tips.

Thanks.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    dig a pond, will attract loads of different animals, plant as many types of seeds as possible. keep the population of warms up by mating them, lots of pinata's will come for the worms.

struggling to think of owt else at the moment.

cracking game tho.
  • Options
    the worms? yeah I did that and loads came. the red ones (the evil pinatas) can you keep them in your garden?
  • Options
    no the evil ones just come and twat your pinatas then bugger off again.

snails are a pain in the arse tho.
  • Options
    I am intrigued by this game. I'm really close to buying it but I don't want to waste my money if it's going to be a load of crap.
  • Options
    Got a couple problems however such as my pinatas keep fighting, I rarely attract any new ones and keep attracting those damn bats and snails that eat the seeds. Also could use some gardening tips.

Lol. I clicked the link from the new posts page and only read that bit of your post. Having no idea about the context, can you imagine how confused I was? I was about to recommend you for sectioning or something!
  • Options
    Well. let me rephrase it then.

1. I can't attract any new Pinatas to my garden
    2. The evil pinatas keep eating the seeds I plant and attack my pinatas
    3. The pinatas I have keep fighting.

better?
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I don't have a 360, but I remember reading in a review that you CAN keep the evil ones.
  • Options
    Well. let me rephrase it then.

1. I can't attract any new Pinatas to my garden
    2. The evil pinatas keep eating the seeds I plant and attack my pinatas
    3. The pinatas I have keep fighting.

better?
    Not really. The problem was that I somehow hadn't noticed what forum it was in as I followed the link from the new posts page. I then missed your first line where you said it was a 'game'. I was wondering where you lived seeing as you were having what I perceived to be very odd problems!! Doh.
  • Options
    my 2nd best game for the 360..

As your garden improves (as your gardener level goes up) your garden gets bigger and more pinatas start to come to the garden, what pinatas are it thats fighting. They fight because they are enemies its normally one type of pinata fights with another but the ants seem to fight with anything.
    i got rid of the one type of pinata tht was causing the trouble and thy generaly stop fighting.

add me if you want on it my gt is - johnbhoy89
  • Options
    Is viva pinata going to come out on any other platforms?
  • Options
    nope, X-box only Im afraid.
  • Options
    pardon?
  • Options
    When the sour (red) snail appears, drop a few apple tree seeds in the garden. If it eats one, it'll become tame and you'll get the snail piece of the tower of sour.

You can buy the pieces of the tower of sour from the costalot store but only after you've bopped it with the shovel a couple of times. Don't be shy, kick the fuck out of the sours. The tower prevents the sours appearing.

My big problem early on was the ants fighting the bees. If the notice about a fight pops up, find the fighting pinata as fast as you can and hit one of them with the shovel. That'll stop the fight. Once the beggar appears, give him 1,000 coins. He'll set up shop and sell you a calming rainbow.

As for attracting pinata, once you've reached certain experience levels or you plant a certain plant, you'll get the 'spotted' video. Then you can look up the encylopedia and find their requirements.
  • Options
    at the moment, it just drops sweets that my pinatas eat which makes them ill so I just beat them till they explode.

my biggest pinata that keeps fighting is the fudgehog, I was glad when it took up residence but was really pissed when it started picking on my pinatas. Im also building lots of house and hiring the hunter to get certain species of pinata but im beginning to run out of space.
  • Options
    at the moment, it just drops sweets that my pinatas eat which makes them ill so I just beat them till they explode.

What to do with the snail is to drop a few apple seeds in front of it when it first wanders into the garden. Then follow it around, destroying any sweets. It should make a beeline for the seeds though, the AI is geared towards taming them.

Im also building lots of house and hiring the hunter to get certain species of pinata but im beginning to run out of space.

There's your problem. You only need the houses if you're planning on breeding pinata and, realistically, you should concentrate on breeding one species at a time. So I'd sell all the houses. The hunter is a serious waste of cash early on, the pinata are so easy to attract. Again, she's only needed if you're serious about breeding.

Pinata stop visiting if the garden is too crowded. They won't even appear.

To keep fudgehogs happy, you need to have at least four worms in the garden constantly.
  • Options
    I'll do that.

Say, did you ever build that honey hive thing? I built it and nothing happens. I think I need buzzlegums, but as I said, Im running out of space. plus I have WAY too many whirlms.
  • Options
    I'll do that.

Say, did you ever build that honey hive thing? I built it and nothing happens. I think I need buzzlegums, but as I said, Im running out of space. plus I have WAY too many whirlms.

Aye, I had the honey hive thing for a while. You need buzzlegums and...one of the flowers, I forget which one but it's a requirement of making the buzzlegum a resident. You direct them to the flower, then to the hive and they make honey. or you can fit them with bee keeper hats and they'll go about it automatically.

I sold the hive because it took up valuable space and the honey making AI is bugged. They just stopped making honey in my garden. If I'm honest it's cool to set up (it gives you an achievement too) but it's a lot of hassle for little reward. I wouldn't even consider it until you have the full garden available.

Four whirlms is all you'll ever need :yes:
  • Options
    A really good game it is too.

Took a bit of getting used to, still learning infact, but worth it.

Learnt a few thing's just reading this thread :)
  • Options
    it sounds fun! , bit it also makes anyone whos talking about it sound crazy. Just like when i was walking round school today talking to my friend about Locoroco for the PSP, got a wierd look from some people haha.
  • Options
    This would sound so funny to the uninitiated I think :D
    Yes
    it also makes anyone whos talking about it sound crazy.
    .... and yes.

I'm sure it's great fun but after clicking on this thread accidentally to begin with, I just can't help but keep coming back. Very entertaining. Sorry peeps.
  • Options
    Have another problem
    I employed a gardening lady to pick up produce but whenever I buy something to attract pinatas down she comes and takes it!!!

I keep attracting the same pinatas like:
    buzzlegums
    tarflies
    sparrowmints
    whirlms
    raisants
    the snake (I forget its name)
    the frogs
    and thats it

any tips?
  • Options
    Have another problem
    I employed a gardening lady to pick up produce but whenever I buy something to attract pinatas down she comes and takes it!!!

I keep attracting the same pinatas like:
    buzzlegums
    tarflies
    sparrowmints
    whirlms
    raisants
    the snake (I forget its name)
    the frogs
    and thats it

any tips?

Sack the gardener/produce woman. She's useless.

You'll keep attracting the same pinata until you level up and increase the size of your garden. Try fertilizing plants, romancing pinata and asking Seedos for seeds. I think, stress think that you can't buy a seed until he's given you one.

Just a hint - get one of the open flame torches, send the tarfly to it then use the watering can to put it out...