Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Dirty old men and sexual harrassment

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Odd one this. I'd say it's probably a revenge power thing. You have power over them by being attractive and unobtainable, they get their own back by letching and making you uncomfortable.

I'm not saying it's right what they do - just offering one possible explanation.
    migpilot wrote:
    If anyone in a van or a car shouts abuse at you or sexual innuendos, note down the license plate number quickly on your mobile and hand it into a police station and file a complaint. The driver will then get a nasty phone call from a PC.
    Haha, seriously?!
    TBH I always thought that a swift knee to the happy sack was how you girls dealt with this kind of thing?
    That only happens in movies. Tbh, I don't think I'd be able to pull it off without prior practice. I'm not very strong and I'm little, I don't think I could try any flashy body moves.
    bluewisdom wrote:
    That only happens in movies. Tbh, I don't think I'd be able to pull it off without prior practice. I'm not very strong and I'm little, I don't think I could try any flashy body moves.

Perhaps a headbut then....
    :razz:
    I delivered an important life lesson to the bloke who thought it was appropriate to rub one off while on the sleeper chair over from me on an overnight train journey through Italy. It was the point at which grabbed my arm and suggested I might want to join in that I whipped out the ol' Victorinox and scared the shit out of him. They are particularly dodgy trains though, so luckily I had been forewarned and was prepared.

I have also written a poem about the bloke who used to sit wanking on the backseat of the bus we would get home from school. Back in the day, eh.
    migpilot wrote:
    If anyone in a van or a car shouts abuse at you or sexual innuendos, note down the license plate number quickly on your mobile and hand it into a police station and file a complaint. The driver will then get a nasty phone call from a PC.

In theory, yeah. The police have to investigate all claims. And if they don't investigate it, and show that they have, they can get into all sorts of bother.
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    briggi wrote:
    I have also written a poem about the bloke who used to sit wanking on the backseat of the bus we would get home from school. Back in the day, eh.
    Oh do share my dear...
    I'm quite secret about my lechery. If a sexy girl walks past I won't shout at her but I'll wait till she's gone and say "boy I'd love to fuck that."
    I've been flashed by blokes before. When I was about 8 or 9, some guy on a motorbike drove past, came back and stopped at the end of the road. When I got up to him to pass him by, he was wanking himself. Must attract them by the way I walk ... :(
    Ballerina wrote:
    Of course, because we have breasts and a vagina means we enjoy being groped and perved on by total strangers.

Whoa, thanks for reassuring me there. I stopped with it some time ago, because I concluded girls have feelings too, or something... can't remember.
    That's a relief to know.

/eta: damn, beaten by MoK :p
    Yerascrote wrote:
    I'm quite secret about my lechery. If a sexy girl walks past I won't shout at her but I'll wait till she's gone and say "boy I'd love to fuck that."

Nowt wrong with that!

Bunnie give me a minute to find it, I am sure you will relate :razz:
    I've worked in bars and have been sexually harassed a lot, including by my boss. Once a man pushed me up against a wall and started groping me, so I shoved him off and said "if you ever touch me again then I'll break your fucking hands". I told my boss and he laughed and since then he pinched my bum and called me a lesbian because I don't like it. Needless to say that my home town isn't exactly gay friendly... In some pubs I could get a kicking for being gay.

I remember reading somewhere your from Kingston? I suppose its not the nicest of places sometimes. I think Sutton is worse though, full of idiots that would do that sort of thing. I have just moved away from there to Hackbridge.
    I have never been pinched and only pinched friends who can take it :D

When I was in line for a 'club' tho, in front of me was Tine, christians girlfriend, then was me, and behind me christian. And he reached around me, groped her bum and swiftly put his hand away again. Suddenly I see Tine turn around and look at me as if she seen a ghost.

":confused: Whaaat?"
    Wasn't the right answer, but she quickly realize it was chris.
    i've never been flashed but unfortunately ive had the 'man sitting behind me wanking' thing on a bus, it was SO disgusting, i cant believe its happened to two other people too! hopefully its the same guy or else theres a few weirdos about...

iv poured my drink over someone in a bar who randomly felt my boobs while standing next to me, i was in quite an angry mood that night haha. also called someone a dickhead for doing the same thing.

When I work Friday nights overnight and all the drunk people are coming in after a night out I get quite a lot of stick, but i usually think thats more funny than anything. one guy actually said to me 'what are you doing here love, come back to my house its a cockfest' haha err. no. I hate it when you go to a club and go on the dancefloor and cant dance without a guy coming up behind you, its so annoying!
    JamesZero wrote:
    I remember reading somewhere your from Kingston? I suppose its not the nicest of places sometimes. I think Sutton is worse though, full of idiots that would do that sort of thing. I have just moved away from there to Hackbridge.
    Nono... I grew up in Wrexham... Kingston is completely different and I've only had hassle once when two boys called me an emo from ther car (wtf???). Kingston is heaven compared to Wrexham... Albeit a pricey heaven.
    briggi wrote:
    I delivered an important life lesson to the bloke who thought it was appropriate to rub one off while on the sleeper chair over from me on an overnight train journey through Italy. It was the point at which grabbed my arm and suggested I might want to join in that I whipped out the ol' Victorinox and scared the shit out of him. They are particularly dodgy trains though, so luckily I had been forewarned and was prepared.

Haha, nothing quite shouts "I can kill you in 15 different ways (or at least severe your wee wee)." than a (15 in 1)-victorinox

:P
    Jesus christ this stuff actually happened to you guys???

I wouldnt dare. Takes me all my effort to say "hey" to a girl I don't know lol.

I wouldn't dare just grab a girl. Even in a club, a bit drunk, while others are drunk and appear to be doing it themselves, I still wouldn't do it.

And wanking at some1? jeez thats just wrong.

SHouting things aswell is truely bad.

I mean where is the decency these days.

When I go on a night out, often I will get the ultra late bus home and walk the rest of the way then spend on a taxi. On occasions a girl or girls has gotten off at the same stop and been going the same way. I always ask/offer if I can walk them home, no obligations, just to make sure they get back safe since they are on their own and its dark. I genuinely don't expect anything for this and dont think about patter to pull them or anything. I would also be worried if I didnt and 1) something happend to them and 2) if I was walking behind them all the way coz we were going the same way, what they thought of me.
    Has anyone ever been flashed? Because I remember hearing that 1 in 3 girls have been flashed in their lifetime.
    yes outside of uni a guy masturbated and said things to me. i phoned the police. the police came round a week later to ask me to identify him because this same guy had gone on to sexually assault a young girl.

as far as comments etc go, well i guess i just got used to them so... bothered!
    That's a relief, because some of the looks I was being given made me think that the women didn't appreciate my attention

Out of context quotes are great! :thumb:

TBH I always thought that a swift knee to the happy sack was how you girls dealt with this kind of thing?
    it was exaggeration, anyway, they usually stay out of knee reach :p
    koe_182 wrote:
    went to the club tonight, a tree had fallen in the car park, luckily it was during the day when it was quiet but it fell on a car and crushed the social club minibus...no trip for the grannies to the bingo this month. looked like a bomb site, carpark taped off, tree everywhere. thank god noone was hurt

looks like you got the wrong thread :lol: except the tree fondled your bum while falling down.
    StrubbleS wrote:
    Haha, nothing quite shouts "I can kill you in 15 different ways (or at least severe your wee wee)." than a (15 in 1)-victorinox

:P

If its a good quality one you can tweeze them too and open their beans after killing them!
    lipsy wrote:
    yes outside of uni a guy masturbated and said things to me. i phoned the police. the police came round a week later to ask me to identify him because this same guy had gone on to sexually assault a young girl.

as far as comments etc go, well i guess i just got used to them so... bothered!

thats terrible Lipsy.

Was that at Leeds uni? I work there, not seen owt that bad happen but I know there was nearly always dodgy characters around at night, mainly down and outs that hassled you for money or walked in the bus lane. I thinkt he uni should more about it to be honest.

shocking state of affairs it took the police a week to get back to you.
    I'm surprised at how many people have experienced the bus thing. Are you talking during the day on a busy bus?
    If its a good quality one you can tweeze them too and open their beans after killing them!

:lol:

and also :lol: at the tree fondling koe... sounds like something out of The Evil Dead!
    Doomsday wrote:
    thats terrible Lipsy.

Was that at Leeds uni? I work there, not seen owt that bad happen but I know there was nearly always dodgy characters around at night, mainly down and outs that hassled you for money or walked in the bus lane. I thinkt he uni should more about it to be honest.

shocking state of affairs it took the police a week to get back to you.
    no they came to my house the next day and took a description. but then when the girl got assualted on a bus a week later they came around again because it happened to me at a bus stop and our descriptions matched.
    ahhh.

terrible business tho.

feel sorry for you both. Some guys are just unbelievable.
    StrubbleS wrote:
    looks like you got the wrong thread :lol: except the tree fondled your bum while falling down.

haha, one too many in the club i speak of i think.
    Doomsday wrote:
    ahhh.

terrible business tho.

feel sorry for you both. Some guys are just unbelievable.
    loadsa people were stood around just pretending not to see/hear. but as soon as i saw i shouted 'oh my god, im calling the police!!!'. my friends thought the story was hilarious, maybe its the way i told it. but it just goes to show what this kind of thing can lead to.
    briggi wrote:
    :lol:

and also :lol: at the tree fondling koe... sounds like something out of The Evil Dead!

shhh you, it was a honest mistake.