Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

MSN Messenger

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just a quick rather strange question...

When you are having a conversation with smeone and the tab (think thats the word) flashes in the bar along the bottom of the screen, what colour does it flash? I use windows XP home and it flashes orange but my friend also uses Windows XP home and hers flashes green :confused:

Comments

• Options
    mine flashes orange, i think Windows Messenger Live flashes green tho, i have that at home so cant check right now
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    i think Windows Messenger Live flashes green tho,

Would that be the same as Windows Live Messenger? If so, I have that, and mine flashes orange.
  • Options
    Nikki* wrote:
    Would that be the same as Windows Live Messenger? If so, I have that, and mine flashes orange.

Me too, mine flashes orange and I am on the newest version, downloaded the other day
  • Options
    Hmm... not sure why then, mine has always flashed orange but my friend said hers has always flashed green :confused:
  • Options
    Maybe it depends on your colour scheme.
  • Options
    Just a quick rather strange question...

When you are having a conversation with smeone and the tab (think thats the word) flashes in the bar along the bottom of the screen, what colour does it flash? I use windows XP home and it flashes orange but my friend also uses Windows XP home and hers flashes green :confused:

You can adjust those things.
    right click on desktop -> properties -> appearence.

I customized my own appearence too and I kept it for several years now. (I use
  • Options
    It's based on the theme, nothing to do with messenger.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    koe_182 wrote:
    mine flashes orange, i think Windows Messenger Live flashes green tho, i have that at home so cant check right now
    I think your one at home flashes orange. But not 100% sure.

Mine flashes orange
  • Options
    Bunnie wrote:
    I think your one at home flashes orange. But not 100% sure.

Mine flashes orange

the colour of the 'flashing' is irregardless of MSN, ICQ, MSN+, windows live messenger, whatever...

It's a colour you can set in your appearence tab in the graphics properties.
    I can make mine flash in every colour of the rainbow if I'd like to.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    StrubbleS wrote:
    the colour of the 'flashing' is irregardless or MSN, ICQ, MSN+, windows live messenger, whatever...

^ That. I use the vista theme, stuff flashes blue.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote:
    the colour of the 'flashing' is irregardless of MSN, ICQ, MSN+, windows live messenger, whatever...

Really? Even pink? Woo!! Thanks for that, gonna have to give it a try when I get my own computer fixed!
  • Options
    yeah but whats the setting called , i want to change mine :D, its obviously not labled "msn flashing" lol.

*starts pressing random things*