Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Mr Postman!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What time does your post usually arrive?

I'm just sitting here, thinking, and there is no consistency to when our post arrives. On Monday, it was through the door before I left for college at half 8, on Tuesday it still hadn't arrived when I left at half 12, Wednesday, Dad reckons the postman woke him up about 10am, and today it's ten to 11 and no post yet....

According to the Royal Mail website though, they aim to have delivered mail by 2pm.

Don't know why I'm asking this, Suppose I'm just curious (and bored) really.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Usually before 9, if it's any later it usually means that we don't have any.

Are you waiting for something in the post?
    Usually between 8 and 10.

Usually.
    Normally between 7am and 7.30am. Second post is then around 11am
    squeal wrote:
    Are you waiting for something in the post?

Not really. There's a few things I'm waiting for but I don't hold any hope for those for another couple of weeks yet. I'm just intrigued.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    At home its 3pm. Here the postguy delivers to the blocks at bout 10ish - and thats even in the town centre!
    Between 10 and 10.30am.
    between 1130 - 12 weekdays
    fucking 7am on bastard saturdays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    At home its 3pm. Here the postguy delivers to the blocks at bout 10ish - and thats even in the town centre!

Same here! :lol:
    Well, I live in a mini set of flats, so our post goes into postboxes downstairs rather than to our door, so I'm not entirely sure. I have bumped into the postman at around 9 before though...
    Used to be around 8.30-9 but recently we've got a new postman and it's more like 1-2. The thing that really pissed me off is that twice last week i had to wait in to sign for a letter, the first one said that it would be delivered before 12 - it arrived at 3.15, the second one said between 1-4 and i got in from town at 11.30 to find a card dropped through my door saying that they had tried to deliver it at 9.45 and that i would therefore have to drive to the depot to get it :banghead:
    About 1.30 normally
    the second one said between 1-4 and i got in from town at 11.30 to find a card dropped through my door saying that they had tried to deliver it at 9.45 and that i would therefore have to drive to the depot to get it :banghead:

Ooo, I hate that. I've mentioned it before, but when I lived in Birmingham, royal mail didn't even bother bringing your parcel with them, their standard procedure was to chuck a card through the door. Used to piss me off no end. I either had to pay for it to be delivered to my local post office a few days later or go and pick the damn thing up, which was difficult since I didn't drive and it wasn't exactly the easiest depot to get to... :grump:
    never before 12
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    about 8.30 i think...and she is called Post Lady Judy...she rocks!
    No idea, it gets delivered at home after I've left for work. At work we get about 9.30 am on a good day and 11 am or later on a bad day. As I have to read/sort the post etc, it can be very annoying if I have to wait til late morning to do it.
    ButtonMoon wrote:
    Normally between 7am and 7.30am. Second post is then around 11am
    you still get a second post?? :eek2:
    Ours usually arrives about 10.30 during the week and about 8.30 on saturdays.
    The posties a perv though... Once I was leaning over to get something infront of the window as he was walking towards the door and he was staring down my top.
    He leers at everyone woman walks past.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Mr. Postman, give me a letter
    Make it the most articulate that I've ever read
    Give it nice verbs like poet's writings
    And tell it that my readingless nights are over

Mr. Postman, I'm so, so bored
    Don't have anything to say I've read
    So please turn on your magic beam
    Mr. Postman, give me a letter.

(If only that rhymed!)
    He's been quite good recently but in the past he's come any time between 8am and 5pm.
    lea_uk wrote:
    He's been quite good recently but in the past he's come any time between 8am and 5pm.
    5pm????

jesus christ i thought mine was bad :eek2:
    Haha a 5pm post? I'd go nuts.

Our postman is called Kenny and comes whenever the fuck he feels like it -- but usually before 12. I forgive him his unreliability because he is bloody adorable and always has a big shit-eating grin on his face :heart:
    kenny sounds amazing hahaha

my post man has nothing special :crying: