Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

renting a house.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have a friend wanting to move out - im coming on 19, he is 21 - We live in an expensive Area, but i have looked on estate agents/ rental search engines such as primelocation.

Some 2 Bed Flats/ Houes costs £700-£1400 per month. What else upon this woould we need to fork out for? and if u can, give me some figures of how much it would cost each month.

Comments

• Options
    council tax
    gas
    electric
    water
    telephone line rental, calls, internet
    food
    bit and bobs for the house

before you move in you might have to fork out for credit check through estate agent as well as agency fees, deposit and month or twos rent up front.
  • Options
    anymore?
  • Options
    tv licence
  • Options
    Toilet Duck.
  • Options
    Admin fee upfront if renting through an estate agents, mine was in total for me and other person living with me, £200

Months rent in advance before you move in
    and
    Bond which is often a months rent plus £100

with the bond and the rent in advance and the admin fee, cost me £1,050 just to get into a place, and thats only £375 a month

its a reasonable place, and the area is good, im just guessing you might need to think about having a large chunk of money handy before you even think about bills or food