Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

tell me what you think

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    dd38ll wrote:
    you dont need to be so harsh

If you saw what cheating did to people you'd understand. Maybe you never will. I had the misfortune of going on a forum full of people who'd been cheated on. It was like, hell. They were all so full of pain and hate. Wanting to kill themselves, or their exes. When you cheat you will never take into account how much it hurts the other person. You can ruin someones life, because they'll find it hard to ever trust someone again.

But then again, maybe your husband will be happier when you're gone, because he can find someone who truly loves him and wants to be with him. I have no sympathy for you, you can say 'but I don't want to hurt anyone.. it's just that...' but you're being utterly selfish and horrible.

You think affairs are justified? Because you're a bit horny? Because you want a bit of fun? It's sickening. If you want someone else, get a divorce. If you're confused, go to relate. Get some counselling. An affair is never ever healthy (except in some mitigating circumstances, for example if your partner expressed wishes never to have sex but is ok with you having sex with other people to fulfill your own urges). If you can't tell your husband, then you know it's wrong.

And however you might to justify it, you're wrong. And you're worse for trying to encourage another guy to hurt his wife, too. You never know, he might still love her.
  • Options
    dd38ll wrote:
    your just a youning yet so what do you know about affairs....nothing

:lol::lol::lol:

It sounds like the same could be applied to yourself, my dear. :yeees:

To be honest, it DOES sound like you're making it out to be something it's not, and I would like to add that this sounds like you could end up getting all hung up on him and going a bit bunny boiler.

I'd just leave it, as I know from personal experience that 'affairs' aren't worth it and it simply doesn't sound like he is all that keen on you past the flirting stage!

There's your advice on affairs. You gonna listen?
  • Options
    i know this sounds stupid considering my thread but, why would anyone go actively LOOKING for trouble of this kind??
  • Options
    dd38ll wrote:
    He has told me that I might not like it and I think he thinks he is going to let me down.

Have you considered that he may not mean he will let you down physically, but emotionally? You seem to want more from this guy than he's willing to give:
    dd38ll wrote:
    when I email him he acts like it a bother to write me back and he never answers my questions. When I ask him serious questions he just laughs it off and plays games with my head.

Someone having an affair is often said to have "a bit on the side", and my advice to you is to remember that that's what you are. This guy already has a wife who fulfils some of his relationship needs (if she didn't, he wouldn't still be with her), so you're just something extra for him, to fulfil whatever needs his wife isn't. He doesn't want to get serious in terms of emotions or getting involved in each others' lives - he just wants a bit of fun.

I also advise you to think about what you expect from this affair (I'm guessing it's your first?). Are you just looking for a bit on the side too? Are relations with your husband ok apart from your sexual problems? Or are you looking for someone who will take your husband's place, not physically in your home, but in your heart? Because if that's the case - and I'm wondering if it is, since you say you love this guy - then I would strongly advise against carrying on with the affair, if nothing else because you're going to end up getting hurt when this guy won't commit to you.

Affairs are, in the vast majority of cases, a short term thing, and you should never go into one with expectations for the long term or hoping that things will develop over time. You have to think of them in terms of the situation as it is now and not expect anything more from it. And you have to decide whether you're able to stay unattached enough so that when he calls time on it, you won't get hurt. He's had five affairs already so I can't see that this one will be anything more than another in the queue for him... but are you ok with that? I think that's what he means when he says he thinks he'll let you down.
  • Options
    he has told me that it would just be for sex. I already know what I am getting myself into. His wife doesn't like sex that much so he gets it elsewhere. Can you blame him? We have discussed our marital relationships and neither one expects the other to leave their spouse. We have discussed pretty much everything. It's just sex!!!:heart::heart::heart::heart:
  • Options
    If it's "just sex" then why the fuck do you care if he contacts you or not?
  • Options
    dd38ll wrote:
    he has told me that it would just be for sex. I already know what I am getting myself into. His wife doesn't like sex that much so he gets it elsewhere. Can you blame him? We have discussed our marital relationships and neither one expects the other to leave their spouse. We have discussed pretty much everything. It's just sex!!!:heart::heart::heart::heart:
    That makes it worse.

If it's just sex, buy a fucking vibrator.
  • Options
    do you like to talk to people you fuck??? Well I do!!! I have a vibrator thank you. He is the one that wanted me....he is the one who first discussed the sex situation. SO therefore he is the one that wants the sex in the first place of course I wouldn't mind either but anyway
  • Options
    if u "dont mind either way"

why the hell are u doing it?

and if he wants sex with u so bad, why hasnt he shagged ya yet?
  • Options
    um..you didn't read that correctly. It said I wouldn't mind....but anyway.

Well we haven't shagged yet because we live within an hour of each other and have to plan our meetings around our spouses. Get the picture????
  • Options
    dd38ll wrote:
    do you like to talk to people you fuck?
    Yeh, I do. But thing is, the person (not people) I fuck is my boyfriend. Sure, there are people I'd have sex with if I was single but I'm not, so any thoughts like that get pushed right back down again. Because, right, I love him, and the idea of doing anything that would hurt him makes me feel sick. Saying "it's just sex" as a way of justifying it doesn't work, particularly when (as I feel sure I read earlier) you said that you "love" this guy. Basically, as I see it, either you leave your husband, and give him the respect he deserves by doing it before you start fucking this guy, or you start making better use of that vibrator you've got.
  • Options
    well I do like my vibrator but I also like a hard cock once in awhile too. DONT YOU???
  • Options
    dd38ll wrote:
    um..you didn't read that correctly. It said I wouldn't mind....but anyway.

Well we haven't shagged yet because we live within an hour of each other and have to plan our meetings around our spouses. Get the picture????
    my mistake

sorry

still dont think he's too bothered about it all tho to be honest
  • Options
    I am not sure what we are or aren't aloud to say on this board but if you want I can email you exactly what he wrote to me and see what you think of it.
  • Options
    dd38ll wrote:
    well I do like my vibrator but I also like a hard cock once in awhile too. DONT YOU???
    Yeh, I do. But I'm not gonna go cheating on my boyfriend to get it.

What part of "cheating on your husband is wrong" are you not understanding?
  • Options
    yeah well how do I know he isn't doing the same???
  • Options
    dd38ll wrote:
    yeah well how do I know he isn't doing the same???
    How on EARTH would that make it right?!
  • Options
    well I didn't say it did make it right. No need to get all mad at me. I know it is wrong but I have a problem. I know.....:shocking: :shocking: :shocking:
  • Options
    If you know it's wrong then why are you spending so much time considering doing it instead of using that time to figure out how sort out your marriage?
  • Options
    well I dont have a lot of time to sort things out. I hardly ever see my husband. He works all day and sleeps all night. Kinda hard to talk to him....he doesn't want to talk when he gets home he just wants to relax and get a shower something to eat then go to bed.
  • Options
    Surely he has days off? If your relationship isn't working, then you have to do something. Either leave him or talk to him.
  • Options
    how old are you anyway? Your kind of a smart cookie!!!
  • Options
    I'm 18, and I'm only repeating what countless other people have said before.
  • Options
    I've been racking my brains trying to see what it is your husband sees in you. I still can't find it. You don't deserve to be in a relationship you selfish cow. Thank god you don't have kids.
  • Options
    how do you know if we dont???:confused::confused::confused::confused:
  • Options
    dd38ll wrote:
    how do you know if we dont???:confused::confused::confused::confused:
    Because you haven't mentioned them so far. If you do, you're even more pathetic than I previously thought.
  • Options
    Calm it down sunshine, no need to get personal.
  • Options
    no I just wanted to get you going and it worked. We do not have kids neither of us want any.
  • Options
    dd38ll wrote:
    no I just wanted to get you going and it worked.
    you really need to grow up
  • Options
    stop being so harsh. So did u want me to email you what he wrote to m???:confused::confused: