Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

the bloody wind.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
oh my god.

Comments

• Options
    the roof above keeps creaking whenever there is a big gust...worrying me a bit
  • Options
    My tree blew down
  • Options
    Our fence blew down, our chimney blew off and a tree fell down in front of my bus today.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote:
    Our fence blew down, our chimney blew off and a tree fell down in front of my bus today.
    Show off!!
  • Options
    I got blown into the road. :(
  • Options
    :banghead: I hate it
  • Options
    Show off!!

:D
  • Options
    Not sure I want to walk home in an hour :(
  • Options
    our street has no electricity or running water thanks to the bloody weather
  • Options
    I had to drive the back way out of Tesco carpark. :crying: And walk all the way to my car across an entire road.
  • Options
    The wind somehow managed to kick our wireless internet connection out of whack. I don't know how though :|.

Next door's dog was left outside and he's barking like mad, poor thing :(.
  • Options
    Well we've officially lost our fences :D

I must admit, walking in it was hard. It hurt!
  • Options
    Two windows got blown out of our towers here at Uni, one from the 20th floor!! Lucky no one was killed!!
  • Options
    Nikki* wrote:
    Well we've officially lost our fences :D

I must admit, walking in it was hard. It hurt!
    Bollocks :(.

I need to walk the dogs at some point >.<.
  • Options
    I have to ride my scooter home in a bit. I'm scared as it's 40mph roads and I will probably move across the lanes because of the wind.
  • Options
    its calmed down up here. the scattered debris that has collected in the park opposite my house is amusing.
  • Options
    all the stuff balanced on my window sill was blown over and woke me up at 10am.
  • Options
    Yup we've also lost our fence. I always thought that it was the neighbours 'til it blew down and I realised that they've got another one the other side. That means I'm responsible for sorting it. Bugger bugger bugger. On the plus side I haven't had to leave the house today!!
  • Options
    I wanted to go out this evening, but my mum said we'll have a storm at around 11pm coming to vienna with about 140 km/h... The strongest wind for 15 years.

:)
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I got blown all over the shop on the motorway today, but I am all home safe now, and it seems to have died down now. :D
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    ButtonMoon wrote:
    our street has no electricity or running water thanks to the bloody weather
    WOW! MAGIC POSTS WITH NO ELECTRICS!

I am just waiting for our street to lose power, Braintree has the worst grid ever. Plus our lines regularly get fuxxor3d by bad weather.

Which means I am gonna get the shit scared outta me when sitting here and my PC dies.
  • Options
    part of my fence blew away. then it came back, but then it blew away again. me and my mum found it seriously amusing.

also at work (i work in a supermarket) part of our roof blew off and hit three cars, luckily no people, then another bit blew off so we had to close for an hour until someone came to say it was safe and that no more would blow off. gutted cos i wanted to go home.

it was well hard walking in it!
  • Options
    Its bin day here and ours (once emptied) got blown across the road :grump:
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote:
    We had a go around at 100ft, then another go around before we had to give up and divert and even then we shouldn't have landed but we were running out of fuel!

I have never ever experienced anything so bad as that before - EVERYONE was throwing up! We were literally on our hands and knees in the aisle trying to tend to passengers!

Then we had to taxi back to home base but due to all the traffic/road closures it took 4 fucking hours, we were supposed to be nightstopping in Southampton tonight to operate the early tomorrow but there's aircraft all over the country where they just shouldn't be!

but because we've operated a 14 hour duty we're now not legal to fly our duty tomorrow

Ugh :( Not the best shift ever then...
  • Options
    Well I stayed in all day and the worst I can say happened here was the lights kept flickering and the bin keeled over.

I really hate windy weather though. It's bloody scary. :(
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote:
    We had a go around at 100ft, then another go around before we had to give up and divert and even then we shouldn't have landed but we were running out of fuel!

I have never ever experienced anything so bad as that before - EVERYONE was throwing up! We were literally on our hands and knees in the aisle trying to tend to passengers!

Sounds like a nightmare! Poor you!
  • Options
    went to the club tonight, a tree had fallen in the car park, luckily it was during the day when it was quiet but it fell on a car and crushed the social club minibus...no trip for the grannies to the bingo this month. looked like a bomb site, carpark taped off, tree everywhere. thank god noone was hurt
  • Options
    I almost got stuck at work, cos the road leaving away from it had a tree down at one end and a flood at the other. Not impressed :mad:
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    icey wrote:
    Its bin day here and ours (once emptied) got blown across the road :grump:
    :lol:
  • Options
    I blew over earlier. Stupidly, had my umbrella up and was walking along a wet, tiled surface outside the UCL Union studio theatre... ow. :(