Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Girls : advice?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
im just wondering is it possible for a guy to have a quality that simply makes him undatable in any way, im very confused im reasonably attrqctive in fact people tell me they think im attraqctive ive even had friends tell me that girls have told them they find me attractive but for some reason no matter what i do i just cant get any further than making out in a club ive even been told im awesome at k9issing, so i guess im wondering can a guy have a certain characterisitic that simply makes him undateable despite looks and personality?

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    For me saying really geeky things is a big no no.
  • Options
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    Coming across as desperate, probably.
    squeal wrote:

Yeah, but those things usually mean that you don't get to kiss a girl in the first place. It depends what you mean by going further. Do you mean going back to yours and shagging? Do you mean getting her number so you can arrange a date? Do you mean actually having a conversation that lasts more than two minutes?
  • Options
    Ah well, yohanes... I stopped asking myself those question long ago. I think the only way you are so unsatisfied is because you seem to keep track so much of your rejections. Everyone fails in that department (some more than others of course), but some just don't mind as much.

It's always the same boring "Just go ahead and act as if it's your first love, without any doubts and self-esteem issues from the past. The right one will come, nobody knows when, but you need to have patience."

You'll make a lot of experience by let alone reading theSite sex and relationship forums. Maybe you'll learn for yourself then, that you are too pushy, or too clingy, or whatever...

good luck.
  • Options
    I once kissed a mate on the spur of the moment, and he kissed like a puffa-fish. Yuuuurck. He was grinding his stubble against my face too, no way in hell was that going any further. I didn't tell him he was a good kisser, but I wouldn't have told him he was a bad one, and it certainly stopped things right there. :yuck:

Perhaps you're meeting the wrong type of girl, the ones that just want a bit of fun on a night out. So you go out in town, and come on here, what else do you do?
  • Options
    Maybe you're just boring?
  • Options
    squeal wrote:
    :yes:

Coming across as desperate - Can't stand that

Being racist, homophobic, a meat eater, sexist - tbh personally I'm quite a political person but have a diversity of friends. I'm also a vegetarian and meat eaters turn me off.

Not having a career plan/job - Don't do bums

Not having passion for anything - boooooooooooring

Making plans and not following them through - one of my pet hates
  • Options
    :yes:

Coming across as desperate - Can't stand that

Being racist, homophobic, a meat eater, sexist - tbh personally I'm quite a political person but have a diversity of friends. I'm also a vegetarian and meat eaters turn me off.

Not having a career plan/job - Don't do bums

Not having passion for anything - boooooooooooring

Making plans and not following them through - one of my pet hates

are you single?
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote:
    are you single?
    At the moment.

So I want a passionate career orientated partner... You'd be surprised how many hard working people out there who aren't actually biggoted there are.
  • Options
    Things that make me dislike a man are self-obsession, selfishness, lies, and extremely laddish behaviour, lazyness

But that doesnt mean i fancy every man that isnt like that. There has to be some kind of spark for me
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    Things that make me dislike a man are self-obsession, selfishness, lies, and extremely laddish behaviour, lazyness

But that doesnt mean i fancy every man that isnt like that. There has to be some kind of spark for me

self-obsession, selfishness and extremely laddish behaviour are definitly things that would put me off a guy.

But I don't think I would completely rule someone out just because they had a quality I didn't like, they may have lots more great qualities that you just haven't seen yet...
  • Options
    ill tell you what it is. after your making out she thinks that if you call her after you only want sex. next time things start to get heated in a club say "we shouldn't be doing this, lets rejoin our friends." you can get her number more easily and she will be dying to get you alone. trust me.
  • Options
    Hahaha my boyfriend loves World of Gaycraft.
  • Options
    Rachael wrote:
    Hahaha my boyfriend loves World of Gaycraft.

So does mine. He went to Game for 8am to get the expansion, even though his was pre-ordered and guaranteed. I've made it to level 36 over the past few months as it was impossible to talk to him if he was playing, which happened to be most of the time. :rolleyes: