Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

can comeone clarify consumer law for me

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i bought world of warcraft expansion pack collector's one, it is supposed to come with an ingame pet - but due to a manufacutring error they forgot to include it

since i bought the game from a high st. shop my contract is with them and the option supplied by the manufacturers, which is to cut up 2 parts of the collectors pack and mail it off to them in france (at my cost) surely that is unacceptable under UK law and i should try and resolve it with the shop to get me the code for the pet?

opps spelt title wrong

Comments

• Options
    Is it a batch error i.e. all the expansions are bad or just yours?

I would recommend asking for a replacement in the shop. But the problem is CD keys.

If not, get on the horn to blizzard, I'm sure they'll help out.
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote:
    Is it a batch error i.e. all the expansions are bad or just yours?

I would recommend asking for a replacement in the shop. But the problem is CD keys.

If not, get on the horn to blizzard, I'm sure they'll help out.

cd key is fine

blizzard forgot to put the serial code for the pet in the box in manufacturing....

they could use the cd key as they know what version you have from your cd key but that would be too easy for them to fix so they dont....

all collectors packs
  • Options
    Yea, so the shop can't swap it for one with a serial key, as that would mean you would have 2 serial keys....

Have you emailed blizzard?
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote:
    Yea, so the shop can't swap it for one with a serial key, as that would mean you would have 2 serial keys....

Have you emailed blizzard?

its on blizz's website however i refuse to remvoe parts of my box and mail them off

all CE versions lack the serial code for the pet, since blizz messed up in making the packs :s