Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

HIV - COULD I HAVE IT? HELP!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK,
here's the problem -
last friday me and my mates were very drunk and very stupid and each of paid to have oral sex with a prostitute (and not a classy one at all). To top matters off I got a cut on the shaft of my penis while getting the blow job, and am now shit scared that I may have contracted HIV as it wouldn't suprise me if she had it.

I found this information out about how HIV can be contracted -

'The risk of contracting AIDS through unprotected oral sex is thought to be much lower - but transmission is possible if semen, vaginal fluid or menstrual blood comes in contact with bleeding gums or mouth infections.'

Now does this mean I can only catch it if I came in her mouth (which i didn't), but then I had a cut on my dick - so maybe I could have contracted it this way? How much blood does there need to be, a visible amount? A tiny amount?

PLEASE HELP ME IM SO SCARED! AND I HAVE TO WAIT 3 MONTHS BEFORE I CAN EVEN GET TESTED!

Comments

• Options
    it is possible, but very unlikely. Prostitutes are generally quite careful about using contraception as well, which might put your mind at ease a little bit... but do go and get tested ASAP.
  • Options
    You already posted this in sex.

Call a helpline if you need more info: http://www.thesite.org/info/helplines/#health