Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Quick eBay q. what feedback should I leave?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well, I bought a mouse off eBay on thursday, and it arrived today, but I was charged for parcelforce48 delivery. I expect he was lazy and didn't send it off until monday. Dunno, a bit miffed that I purchased it on a thursday (morning) and if he'd have sent it then I could have had it monday or possibly saturday? Don't see why he didnt post it on friday, I got an email from parcelforce late monday night saying it was in their system.

Thinking of leaving neutral feedback saying delivery slower than expected but everything else ok. He'll probably get arsey with me though. I know it's only two days but I went home for the weekend and he didn't even send it off till monday night :impissed:. When I was selling stuff, if it sold that day before 12pm I would take it down the post office first class and it would arrive the next day! For a mouse to take nearly a week... a mouse. *sighs*

I've got a LAN party on friday, mum's sending it up to me royal mail first class, but if I don't get it in time, the fury will be released.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Email him and tell him you arent happy with it.

You paid for 48 hour delivery and didnt get it, so I'd expect a refund. If he get's arsey, negative it is.
    hmmm i think its a bit harsh to leave anything other than positive feedback, under a week is pretty good delivery for ebay i think.

thats just my opinion.

unless he stated he'd send it same day?
    I'd just leave positive feedback, but add that you received it fine but just slightly slower than expected. You get your point across without risking getting negative feedback yourself (unless he has already left it for you).
    Just read his T&C:

"Your order will be processed for shipment within 2 to 3 business days after confirmation and verification of your payment information. Tracking information will be emailed to you when it becomes available.
    Orders from United Kingdom are shipped via Parcelforce 48 service unless otherwise stated."

So I don't really have a leg to stand on. Still, compared to the service you'd expect it's not great. What he might do, is only send them off every other day, so monday, wednesday perhaps and if you order after he's been to the post office he just puts it in a pile for the next time.

Suppose I can only give him positive feedback since he's done what he said. Bit misleading though. Then again, if you read amazon.co.uk it says 'allow up to 14 days for things to arrive' or something, so they're covered if anything goes wrong. He's got a proper shop... http://stores.ebay.co.uk/justdeals-uk
    Always read the small print Rich ;)
    Glittery wrote:
    Always read the small print Rich ;)

I bought an SD card off e-bay at the weekend ... paid for it via PayPal and then noticed that the price on e-bay wasn't inclusive of VAT. I was surpised 'cos which UK dealers usually don't include VAT? There was small print stating this on the item description page so I couldn't really complain. I left a positive note but said that people should watch the VAT sting.
    Hah the little bugger sent me a broken mouse :impissed:
    So, they've given me an RMA number, but added the following conditions to returns:

- shipping and return fees will not be paid back (that amounts to £5 48 hour from them and £4.50 1st class from me)
    - a restock fee of 15% will be charged (how they can restock a broken mouse I don't know..)

So, 15% of £20 is £3. In total they will refund me £17 for a mouse I paid £25 for (I refuse to believe it cost £5 to send 48 hour delivery which took a week because they didn't 'process' it).

Also some anal things, like if you don't display the RMA number on the outside of the package they will throw away the item (yea right, probably just sell it on again and not refund you).

Want to leave negative feedback because I feel I've received unsatisfactory service the whole time through (not to mention the mouse was quite obviously broken) but am worried if I do, they'll leave negative feedback for me saying 'complained too much' or something like that. But it's different from the norm of what I expect on ebay, this trader only has like 90% positive or so, but usually people will be really co-operative and not be arses about it, especially when it's their fault (I can't understand why I should have to foot the cost of return AND shipping when it was broken??).

GRrrrr.
    If you paid by paypal, just claim a refund through them. The worst that will happen is that you only get £17 back and they leave you negative feedback - and you're allowed to add a comment to explain anyway.

Paypal seem to refund anything. I sent someone a computer game once, they left positive feedback to say they'd received it in good time but then complained to Paypal that it'd never arrived and I had to refund. Apparently feedback is not proof of delivery!
    when i sell something on Ebay it says on all my listings to allow up to 10 days for delivery as i may need to wait for payment to clear so if someone contacts me chasing delivery within 2 days i just nicely point that out
    Welsh Jemz wrote: »
    when i sell something on Ebay it says on all my listings to allow up to 10 days for delivery as i may need to wait for payment to clear so if someone contacts me chasing delivery within 2 days i just nicely point that out

Still, if you sent something that was obviously broken would you a) refuse to refund delivery charges and b) charge a restocking fee??

I've been fleeced, well and truly, but I can't see a way out of it under their T&C. You just don't expect it really. Ah well, I've bought a replacement from ebuyer, everyone moans about them having crap customer service but if something is broke they'll arrange pickup via citylink for you and you can even choose when they come! All free!

Then they'll get a new one sent out to you. They only charge a restocking fee if the item is not damaged just unwanted. I might complain to the guy and cite that under the internet trading rules I have 7 days to evaluate the product and if I am not satisfied I am entitled to a full refund. Will just have to see though.
    If the item you recieved is broken you can file a report on the seller - and it certainly answers the question around negative feedback - if you want some in return.
    I mean, the thing is it's so broken they would have known straightaway, obviously someone else had it broken and they have just sold it on as refurbished. I've got the flu at the mo :crying: so can't bring myself to take it to the post office.

But beechams cold & flu hot blaccurant drink is heaven!
    Sent it back a week and a bit ok, he's still not refunded me / contacted me. If he doesn't soon then I might get onto claims with paypal.

I'm worried though, I only sent it first class, not recorded, and if it's a fraudster then he will just keep my money. And my next bit of post to him will be a firebomb :mad:.
    File the PayPal claim now. State your reason as being faulty goods and delivery speed other than what you paid for, that way you'll have a claim on both counts. Also add that he hasn't been in communication with you with regard to resolving the situation.

Seller has 10 days to respond before the system automatically gives you a refund. Lots of crap eBay people don't bother with PayPal disputes, because they think that if they ignore it, the problem will just go away. It doesn't. :)
    Neg him now and file a claim.

In answer to your very first question though, you probably wouldn't get a parcelforce 48 hour package on a saturday ;)
    Neg him after the claim. Leaves him an incentive to resolve the situation :).
    I'm going to make a claim tomorrow, as I emailed him this afternoon (after closing hours presumably) and will give him a last chance before escalating it.

Never know, if he refunds me then I could make a claim :p. (I wouldn't actually do this even if he ripped me off, honour or something :p)

And Mist - it took nearly a week to get to me (i received on wedsnday and purchased on thursday) so that's why I was a bit miffed :p.
    any postage by parcelfarce and youre lucky to recieve it within 3 weeks tbh. that wouldnt be the sellers fault.

Item being broken, I would have just emailed politely saying the item arrived damaged and wait for his reply. Should have offered to refund you either right away or on return of goods, which i would have then AT LEAST got proof of posting for, if not recorded delivery.

WHat was the rest of his feedback like?
    If he doesnt refund or contact you, then obviously negative rep him.
    Item broken, sent it back, still no refund,poor communications.

but give him a chance to sort it out first obviously.
    i think it was 90 - 95% positive. Hold on, I'll check...

What happened:

- ordered item on a thursday
    - he had it sent to me for £5 (just a frigging <100g mouse - I've been charged 99p postage for heavier items)
    - monday, got an email saying parcelforce had the item and it would be in their system in a few days
    - wednesday, received it
    [broken]
    - monday, emailed them, got RMA# from them
    - sent off following monday
    - a week later and a day, still no email from him and no refund. Emailed him again

I think I trust people too much :p. I just had it sent first class, it cost me £1.67 or something like that and first class IIRC is next day, so much better value for money than his parcelforce! :D

Here he is:

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=justdeals-uk

score: 79033

So I wouldn't have anticipated problems, mind you in the past month he's had about 100 not positive comments, like:

*Received refund...took awhile! Shame items didnt work!
    *paid 27 th -jan- arrived the- 5th-feb poor postage time,not acceptble
    *Paid for item,have not received!!! not sent out and no reply from them! Dont use
    *2 DOA mice recieved now. Have given up as it costs time/cash to return dead mice

(those mice are probably the ones he sent me!)

So we'll have to see. In his terms & conditions he says that RMA# is only valid for 14 days, but surely sending it off on day 7 first class it should arrive before then?
    id keep emailing him tbh. Doesnt sound like youll get far though, and bide your time before repping him
    Try and get your refund first, because if you neg rep straight away he will have no incentive at all.
    As long as you rep within a certain amount of time.
    A month I think.
    OMG, did you check out this guys feedback before you put in a bid?

Recent Ratings:

Month 6 Months 12 Months
    positive 3208 19968 45556

neutral 65 308 654

negative 45 295 623

That is shockingly bad. I wouldn't touch this guy with your account! I know there are a lot of positives, but if there's more than a few negatives i won't buy from a seller. It helps me to avoid unscrupilous rip off merchants like this guy. Did you report him BTW?
    id keep emailing him tbh. Doesnt sound like youll get far though, and bide your time before repping him
    Try and get your refund first, because if you neg rep straight away he will have no incentive at all.
    As long as you rep within a certain amount of time.
    A month I think.

He's positive feedbacked me already, and if I go through paypal I should be ok yea?
    satehen wrote: »
    That is shockingly bad. I wouldn't touch this guy with your account! I know there are a lot of positives, but if there's more than a few negatives i won't buy from a seller. It helps me to avoid unscrupilous rip off merchants like this guy. Did you report him BTW?

Not yet, I'm going to see how contacting him will go. I guess that it's a company from the amount of sales, and he's just too lazy to bother with customer service. Probably won't kick up a huge fuss about a refund if I get anal - he'll probably refund to save himself the hassle.
    he refunded me in the end (just 19.95 tho, didn't refund postage). Dunno what to do now :p
    Negative - you're out of pocket because he supplied faulty goods, and took his time to rectify the situation. And even then, you still don't have what you paid for...
    Left him poor feedback, even in the past few days there's been a good couple more who've been fleeced too. But you know, all done and dusted now :)
    I'm glad you left him neg feedback, because it's the people who give out good feedback after incidents like yours that mean people like this guy get to carry on doing what they are doing. You're out of pocket, and he's benefited from your cash for a little while. Might not be much but he could do that to loads of people a day and it adds up.