Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Nokia N95 :o

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    I want an iPhone :(. My contract with o2 ends November so hopefully it'll be here by then :)
  • Options
    Phone is due to come out in march, my contract ends in march!:love:
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote:
    Phone is due to come out in march, my contract ends in march!:love:

Don't think I'd ever get another Nokia, There's an LG phone coming out with a large TFT like the iPhone which looks quite cool :). the things which concern me are:

Screen resolution and sharpness
    Camera resolution (Autofocus)
    Software

I moved from Nokia 2.5 years ago from a then brand new 7250i to a k750i and the change was immense, screen was fuckloads better, camera was amazing, and i've never bought a nokia since :).
  • Options
    noog wrote:
    I want an iPhone :(. My contract with o2 ends November so hopefully it'll be here by then :)

I want an iPhone too - how much are they going to be? any ideas yet?
  • Options
    ashlee wrote:
    I want an iPhone too - how much are they going to be? any ideas yet?

£640 for the 8gb model

It'll only be around £350 in the US too.

the £640 is the sim-free price, from an apple store. It'll prolly be cheaper through a contract.
  • Options
    My contract runs out around Decemeber / January (18 month contract). Although O2 may want to give me an upgrade, and give me a better tariff (threaten to leave and they'll give you really good contract deals). Then just sell the phone, buy the iPhone, pop the sim in, bobs ton oncle!
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I think these things will be shit.

The only phone I can conceive of that would be any good for the web are those nokia ones with full keyboards. I know that in the future mobile phones nad PDA's will be one and the same.

I also think that as this starts to happen (as with this phone) it'll be fairly crap. Plus, in all honestly, until it happens, my phone is for phoning nad texting. And also now an MP3 player, 'cos its a k800i.

I do like the RSS news feeds though, which I can then go to the BBC website. I used phone internet once. It was SLOW and made me angry at loading times. And the breaking of some pages was amusing.
  • Options
    A friend of mine was talking to me about this. It has GPS or something built in? I'm due for an upgrade next month - undecided on what phone I want.
  • Options
    noog wrote:
    £640 for the 8gb model

It'll only be around £350 in the US too.

the £640 is the sim-free price, from an apple store. It'll prolly be cheaper through a contract.

can you buy online, if yes can I have a linky? Can you buy from UK apple stores e.g trafford center now?
  • Options
    ashlee wrote:
    can you buy online, if yes can I have a linky? Can you buy from UK apple stores e.g trafford center now?

Nope, it's not avaliable in the US till june, and UK Q4 2007
  • Options
    Saeed MSaeed M Posts: 270 The Mix Regular
    I was thinking about the iphone too, but it won't be out by the time my contract ends. I'll get a trial on N95 but will give it back if it's as slow as my N70 and get a K800i instead (a brown one cos it's so much cooler than the standard black or 007 silver).
  • Options
    I'm hoping to go on Orange Dolphin next month, they better offer me one of the top N series phones with a big discount!
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    I'm hoping to go on Orange Dolphin next month, they better offer me one of the top N series phones with a big discount!

Got a online link? Sounds good