Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Skincare Guest Chat 18th Jan 6-7pm

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
The first guest chat of 2007 is on it's way :yippe:

The theme for the discussion is skincare and we've enlisted a pro to answer your questions and offer advice.

Her name is Antonia Kanczula and here's her introduction:

"I'm a health and lifestyle journalist, and I've had my work published in Ellegirl, Bliss, Daily Mirror, Metro and Health & Fitness amongst others. I'm pretty well qualified for my job, being sporty, a keen cook and generally healthy (but not in a Gillian McKeith-style you understand). When it comes to skincare, I'm fascinated by the role of nutrition and lifestyle - feeding your skin from inside out - as I think it's much neglected in the rush to get the 'latest' cream or potion...That said, I am (admittedly) a bit of a product junkie."

AK.gif

So get your thinking caps on for the kinds of questions you might like to ask her and feel free to post them before the night if you fancy it :thumb:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Had to be the day before my History mock didn't it :(.
    Cool. If I'm on here I'll ask how comes I still have "teenage" skin despite being nearly 23 :grump:
    Kangoo should tell Her about Her vodka pore stopper.
    ShyBoy's skincare top tips:
    - drink water to stop you drying out. Try and always have a glass of water beside you, it will help dilute your system of any toxins as well maybe? :p
    - eat 5 fruit and veg a day to stop getting scurvy
    - avoid greasy foods if you can as it makes you feel all horrible
    - an actimel yoghurt or something healthy, while it might not do much, if you believe it will then you'll *think* your skin looks better and you'll actually start to look better for it. Kind of like a placebo effect - like people who have cosmetic surgery are happier about themselves after being cut up :p

above all

- love your skin cos you are who you are and beauty is only skin deep.

HTH,
    ShyBoy ;)

p.s. my doctor told me not to use soap, mind you ive got sensitive skin
    Did anyone see Jackiey (Jade Goody's mum) getting botox? She said that she washes her face in her own urine and used to rub Jade's face with her nappies and that's why Jade's skin is so good now. (This was broadcast on Living TV).
    :|
    Randomgirl wrote:
    Cool. If I'm on here I'll ask how comes I still have "teenage" skin despite being nearly 23 :grump:
    Same here but I don't have Java :(
    Yeah, I'm no longer a teenager and still have teen skin, tbh most of the time nothing seems to work.

If we were to post questions in advance, do we do it here?
    Yeah, I'm no longer a teenager and still have teen skin, tbh most of the time nothing seems to work.

I have done before (as I can't get on the chat) but nobody ever mentions them :p
    I can't get on chat but can someone ask her about blackheads..how to get rid of them? I use strips which are okayish but don't get them properly out.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster

Indeed :thumb:
    awww not going to be able to make it as it is a Thursday and Brownies call!!

But Helen ask for me just what you should be doing generally, what to use to get make up off, cleansing etc to keep spotty shits at bay.

But I am sure that it will be discussed anyway. Are we going to be able to view the chat at a later date or something?
    Can't wait. :yeees:
    ashlee wrote:
    awww not going to be able to make it as it is a Thursday and Brownies call!!

But Helen ask for me just what you should be doing generally, what to use to get make up off, cleansing etc to keep spotty shits at bay.

But I am sure that it will be discussed anyway. Are we going to be able to view the chat at a later date or something?

Yep - it will be available in the chat archive afterwards and PussyKatty, will definitely get your question in there.

Yerascrote, remember we're always keen to hear what you'd be interested in for future guest chats :thumb:
    *bump* - can't have this falling off the page before it's happened!
    Oooh. I would :naughty:
    Is it just facial skin or skin in general ?
    RubberSkin wrote:
    Is it just facial skin or skin in general ?

Antonia will be happy to share her knowledge on both face and general skin care :)
    *bump*
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    can i have a link sil vous plait?
    Come on in guys - our guest is here :-)
    I was in bed so I missed it :(
    **Helen** wrote:
    The first guest chat of 2007 is on it's way :yippe:

The theme for the discussion is skincare and we've enlisted a pro to answer your questions and offer advice.

Her name is Antonia Kanczula and here's her introduction:

"I'm a health and lifestyle journalist, and I've had my work published in Ellegirl, Bliss, Daily Mirror, Metro and Health & Fitness amongst others. I'm pretty well qualified for my job, being sporty, a keen cook and generally healthy (but not in a Gillian McKeith-style you understand). When it comes to skincare, I'm fascinated by the role of nutrition and lifestyle - feeding your skin from inside out - as I think it's much neglected in the rush to get the 'latest' cream or potion...That said, I am (admittedly) a bit of a product junkie."

AK.gif

So get your thinking caps on for the kinds of questions you might like to ask her and feel free to post them before the night if you fancy it :thumb:
    She has lovely skin
    She has lovely skin

Yarrrr... she's quite fit =)
    Did she get a flakey reception?