Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Do you think wi-fi's affecting your health?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Have you suffered headaches, problems with your eyesight, in fact any ill effects since installing wi-fi into your home or office?

There is absolutely no evidence that wireless networks are bad for your health but a growing number of people are complaining about health problems the moment they step into a wireless field.

One MP has already called for an inquiry, while some schools have taken out wi-fi.

BBC Breakfast is interested in talking to anyone who has suffered problems, or who works somewhere that has stopped using the system.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/talking_point/6264327.stm

I'm not sure, I do tend to suffer more dizzyness but I'm not sure if that's just because I am staring at a computer screen.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    im not sure its related but i got a headache once or twice whilst playing my 360 over wifi...doubt it really.
  • Porky_StalkerPorky_Stalker Posts: 108 The Mix Convert
    Probably affects us all - but we dont know about it.. Everything else might do too! mobile phone signals, digital tv signals, bluetooth.....
    Dont think so, but i'm pretty stressed in general. eitherway it's FAR less powered than a mobile phone during a call. I'm pretty sensitive to mobile phones I reckon, cos when i was little I would get a banging headache after using a mobile phone for a few hours whilst a portable phone was perfectly comfortable.

But I dont think wifi has affected me that much, and I have a pretty high powered beastly router
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Nah, that isn't WiFi mate...

...It's the government, scanning your brain.
  • White NoiseWhite Noise Posts: 624 Incredible Poster
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Nah, that isn't WiFi mate...

...It's the government, scanning your brain.

They'll never get me with my tinfoil hat on! haha the fools!
    Oh for goodness sake. I hate all these things. Everything we do now is bad for us. If we're not some tee-total, non-smoker full time worker who eats three balanced vegetarian meals, with five portions of fruit and veg a day, drinking 2 litres of water, spending at least half an hour at the gym, living with no TV, no music, no computer, no mobile phone, walking everywhere, recycling absolutely everything in some category or another, and wearing nothing but "natural fibres" we're killing someone or something it seems.

Bring on the trashy movie, and texting my best mate to come and have a Domino's Pizza with me I've ordered off my laptop I say! :)
    Nikki* wrote:
    Oh for goodness sake. I hate all these things. Everything we do now is bad for us. If we're not some tee-total, non-smoker full time worker who eats three balanced vegetarian meals, with five portions of fruit and veg a day, drinking 2 litres of water, spending at least half an hour at the gym, living with no TV, no music, no computer, no mobile phone, walking everywhere, recycling absolutely everything in some category or another, and wearing nothing but "natural fibres" we're killing someone or something it seems.

Ya know, you get cancer from crisps
    Ya know, you get cancer from crisps

:shocking:

Give it 6 months, there'll be a government health warning on the packets ;)
    Nikki* wrote:
    Bring on the trashy movie, and texting my best mate to come and have a Domino's Pizza with me I've ordered off my laptop I say! :)

I just had pizza , nyom...

save two slices for breakfast. Can't wait! :)
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    They'll never get me with my tinfoil hat on! haha the fools!

I hoe you lined it with clingfilm too, otherwise it wont work!!!!:shocking: