Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Do "Dating Agencies" really work?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Question:

Do Dating Agencies really work? What about the lonely hearts ads in the newspaper you see all the time?

Are they a good way of meeting your soul mate - or are they just for sad, lonely individuals who can't get a date?

Has anyone ever used one or both of these methods of meeting their current or previous partner?

Are you mad enough to want to share your experience with us?

Should I be a 'guinea pig' and try one out.... for the sake of... ahem.... "research" of course???

Lots of questions.... your answers please everybody :-)

Alan London

Comments

• Options
    Originally posted by j9j9:
    Originally posted by Alan london:

Yes, dating agencies do work!

A mate of mine was depressed after having broken up with his girlfriend. He found it difficult meeting new people and talking to people he didn't know, so, eventually I suggested dateline to him (are they still going?) He filled out the form & sent it off.

That was in about 1988 or 89. In 1992 he married the girl he met, and they are still married.

Luckily it didn't work for my husband, 'cos if it had, he wouldn't have been single when we met.

An interesting tale. Yes, I think Dateline still exists (for the older patron methinks). I saw an ad for them on thr tube recently, you know the one.... perfect middle class white couple skipping through a field of golden wheat, holding hands with big cheesy smiles! Very corney!! (pun intended!)

How many women did your friend meet? Did he just meet the one woman and end up marrying her?

It does seem a little clinical doesn't it? But then, I suppose you are meeting with like minded (single, relationship minded) people!

Looks like you were lucky meeting your husband the more conventional way!

Thanks for the story.

Alan
  • Options

BBC's !!! Blimey, they must be "oldies"!

Conventional, now there's something you don't often find in a relationship!

Sounds like they were successful then! And did they lie to all their friends about how the met I wonder?

Any one else care to offer a story?

Alan
  • Options
    Online Dating Agency

You can find plenty of useful Online Dating Websites. Some of these websites are free of cost, and you can enjoy chatting, and flirting with others. Just make a small search for "Online Dating" , "Dating Agency" "Dating Websites", and you will sind plenty of them.
    Search for "online dating agency uk" "online dating agency london" etc etc.

I hope it will help you

jim
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    7 years old - I think we can safely say it's a dead thread!
This discussion has been closed.