Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Essential TV Boxsets

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I only have peep show. Theres loads I want to get: buffy, futerama, monkey dust (twisted and brillent), but funds do not allow.
    Funds should always allow. Monkey Dust.
    Got the Band of Brothers set, really enjoyed that. Wouldn't have minded the Lost ones as well but have borrowed them off others now so not too fussed anymore.
    Carolina wrote:
    Got the Band of Brothers set, really enjoyed that. Wouldn't have minded the Lost ones as well but have borrowed them off others now so not too fussed anymore.

Yeah this thread has set me off. I just started watching Band of Brothers again last night...
    Monkey Dust is the only show I've ever phoned up the BBC to compliment - took about 20 minutes for them to realise I wasn't complaining about it :)

All three series are just genius

Band of Brothers is superb - the scene where they have to take food away from holocaust survivours and lock them back into the camp is just heart breaking
    Jim V wrote:
    Band of Brothers is superb - the scene where they have to take food away from holocaust survivours and lock them back into the camp is just heart breaking

Yeah, that episode was unbelievable. I think I remember choking up when I saw it first time round. It looked so realistic aswell. Where they found so many extras that looked like that I don't know. I just liked the series so much because there's none of the usual American gun slinging bravado. It's just the horror of war, and normal guys like ourselves doing what they had to do.

I'll stop harping on about it now..! :D
    I've got The Simpsons 1-8
    Family Guy 1-5
    American Dad
    24 1-5
    Garth Marenghi's Darkplace
    Scrubs 1-4
    Chewing the Fat 1-4
    Mighty Boosh 1&2 and the Live DVD
    Jim V wrote:
    Monkey Dust is the only show I've ever phoned up the BBC to compliment - took about 20 minutes for them to realise I wasn't complaining about it :)

All three series are just genius

Yea, it's superb. I was actually very surprised the BBC commisioned/aired it. Some of it is gut wrenching, like divorcee dad, but still darkly funny. Clive and classically trained actor were my favourite characters from the first series. Ivan Dobsky is hilarious as well. Do you know if it's possible to get series 2 or 3 on DVD because I haven't seen them anywhere?

BTW, for anyone interested, type Monkey Dust into youtube and there's loads of clips.