Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Skinny cow icecream

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
Anyone tried it and actually like it?

I think it tastes vile and is a crime against the icecream world :razz:

Give me full fat Ben & Jerry's chocolate fudge brownie over that pathetic excuse for dessert any day of the week. I'd rather eat a fruit salad - something that is actually healthy and tastes nice, then something that makes you feel cheated because it says icecream on the label but doesn't taste anywhere near as good as the real deal.

Rant over.

*Skulks off to get something tasty for tonight's chat*

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hmm I haven't tried it but I do get Ben and Jerrys frozen yoghurt, chocolate brownie flavour, it's FAB. Also had weighwatchers frozen chocolate brownie dessert yesterday that was nice too.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    PussyKatty wrote:
    hmm I haven't tried it but I do get Ben and Jerrys frozen yoghurt, chocolate brownie flavour, it's FAB.

Sounds delish :yum:
    It's strange, to me it tastes exactly like the normal chocolate kind but it's low in fat and calories!
    ive had the skinny cow ice cream lollies and they were crap. Tasted all powdery and really unsatisfying.
    Better to eat less of the good stuff tbh, than loads of the low cal shite.
    they're not actually allowed to call them icecreams are they...
    Tried a few of the Skinny Cow icecream products and I can honestly say they're vile.

I'd rather be fat and happy eating Ben and Jerry's, than skinny and unhappy eating 'skinny cow' icecream :lol: :yes:
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    they're not actually allowed to call them icecreams are they...

unfortunately they are :grump:
    **Helen** wrote:
    unfortunately they are :grump:

The Skinny Cow ice-cream that we sell where I work at Waitrose is called 'iced dessert.' It's BOGOF at the moment, although, doesn't sound like it's worth buying any.

I'll stick to Haagen Daz and Ben & Jerry's...
    Never had it. Probably won't. My mom buys low calorie/low fat/low sugar ice cream and once I had a bowl of cookiedough. Cardboard pieces.

Though, Edy's slow churned 1/2 fatvanilla tastes decent.
    I don't think there's much special about ben and jerr's tbh so skinny cow is most definately off the menu.
    I'd rather be fat and happy eating Ben and Jerry's, than skinny and unhappy eating 'skinny cow' icecream :lol: :yes:
    :yes:

I eat healthily during the week so that I can pig out with a tub of ben and jerrys in front of a movie on a friday night! :hyper:
    The mint skinny cow stuff that I tried tasted like cheap toothpaste :sour:
    I like most of the skinny cow range, except for the mint madness. The cornetto's and ice cream sticks are delicious! I've just bought 2 packs of real fruit smoothie ice creams (BOGOF in Morisons), i might give them a try later.
    haha skinny cow is alright. my mum is obsessed wit the stuff, and i eat it was a last resort for ice cream haha